Chap. 23 That's odd

Part 2. of Del's past trauma

Del's POV●

I start to open my blurry eyes. I start to wonder to myself.

Did I go to heaven or something? Where am I?!?

Observing my surrounding, I realize I was in the same spot I was earlier.

My father was shaking me. He smiled as I turn my attention to him. He looked tired and was dying.

My whole body felt numb. As I try to get up. My father stopped me and told me his last very words.

"Take care... of yourself and... s-sisters for me..." he begged at his very last breath. He collapsed onto my body.

With all my strength I sat up and shook him. Begging him not to die on me. It was too late.

My mind became dizzy and I started to faint.

Not long I heard I heard footsteps coming closer. First, it seemed as if the person was walking but then, its pace became fast. I heard yelling.

More people came near me and everything blacked out once again...

●○◎

I sat up as I have awaken. To my surprise, Maria was there along with her family and my family's friends.

She then came to me and asked me how I'm feeling. I assured her I was alright.

Almost everyone in the room was in despair. I then remembered what happened.

There wasn't any hope nor even any chance that my father could've lived. I sobbed at the memory...

As I thought it couldn't get worse, someone reported to me that the twins were taken away. I was in a coma for the past few days and my sisters were taken away at that time.

My world shattered as I heard the news. My sisters were taken away by America and my father died.

●○◎

A few years had passed, I was able to gather men for my plan against America. I trained them day-to-day.

They were here for a reason. Independence from the hands of the the Americans.

In the woods we train silently. Making sure they'll be prepared.

Reading my father's journals and letters. I read about the necklaces. There I had a plan to to get my sisters back...

»»»End of Flashback«««

As I finally arrived to my destination. I twisted the doorknob and opened the door. I sigh to myself. I closed the door and decided to look for Gilas.

I then called him by whistling. It took minutes for him to show up.

I suspected him of having a family. He's been leaving me a lot of times lately and he rarely comes back.

That is the reason to which I asked Martiala to look for an egg. Or even a nest of his own kind.

I went inside as he flew to my arm. I took out a big piece of meat and fed it to him. And then again as I went outside, he flew.

I just let him go and do his business. No ones gonna harm him tough, everyone knows not to hunt him due to his bandana.

I went back inside my house and rested.

I start to think if I should get a private  therapist or something. Memories keep on repeating on my head almost all the time.

Having no one to actually talk about it. I mean who would even care? Even if they do it wouldn't last long till they stop listening.

I didn't want to talk about it at all. Not even once.

I lay back at my bed thought of anything I might be able to do. I turned to my sight and saw the reflection on the mirror.

Standing up, I walked to the mirror. Observing my blind and scarred eye. The fight with America haunts me once again.

I thought it was a terrible idea of looking at my scar. Anger and sadness ran to once again.

I then grabbed the mirror flipped it making its glass shatter to pieces. Then, someone ran to my room and checked what was going on.

I told the person I was fine without looking at him/her. The person once again asked as I was breathing heavily with tears in my eyes, furrowed brows, and clenched fist as if I was about to punch something. I reassured the person I was fine and looked at him/her to which I realize it was a child.

I could see fear in her eyes. Calming myself down I went close to her ask why she's here, who her parents are and where she came from, or if she got hurt with one of the glass shards.

Then someone came running up the stairs panting heavily and was in a panic. She called the child and ran up to her. The woman then apologized for intruding my home and promised to never do it again. I nod as a sign of forgiveness and she went off scolding the child. But before she went off I made her promise to never speak of what she saw in the house, the location, or that she even saw me. She then nodded and left.

As I watch them leave the house one of the men that stayed in my home looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Who was that?" He asked. "Shouldn't I be the one asking that?" I asked back. He scratched the back of his head and laughed awkwardly. To which I just look at him disappointingly.

Then, I sigh and spoke,"Just keep the door locked. No else has to find out I'm alive..."

"Alright, sir."

He went to the door and closed it locked then left to the kitchen.

Odd how someone was able to come in here... I thought it was locked earlier and the woman just ran upstairs without asking if anyone was inside. It's like she memorized the place.

I then ask one of the men to follow them to see if my suspicion was correct.

I suspected if they might've been spies. But... who would even spy on us? And if they were thieves things would've gone missing by now and they would've got in while we were away...

I started to over think and decided to shrug it off. I unlocked the door and closed it. Headed my way to a tree to which I climbed on at the time I reached it.

I climbed onto it like a child and grabbed some of its fruit. Cleaning it off with the clean water nearby.

I bit off the tip of the fruit and chewed. I smile at the taste. It was very juicy and sweet.

Like what I used to eat in my childhood.

Time surely flies by so fast... I remember my childhood friends. They're probably dead by now though due to their age or because of the colonizers, or other reasons.

Hmm... weird. How come I didn't notice the glass shard on my leg?

To be continued...

______________________________________

Been reading my own book lately... from the very first chapter to the latest. I saw a big change and some not so much. I was also able to remember a few little details that I may have forgotten. Like, the fact that Del has a scar on one of his eyes. I literally forgot about that fact! I also realized that its been a year since I published/rebooted this book I think a lot of things changed...

Also I just realized I changed the plot of the story :^ Like wtf?

My apologies for any mistakes found within the chapter such as; incorrect grammar, incorrect usage of words or incorrect spelling, and for any missing words.

______________________________________