Chap.30 Champagne

●America's POV●

"Oh uhh... ok." Said, Phia.

I held her shoulder and sighed,"You don't need to worry so much about your twin. You know she'll be alright even in the most complicated situations." I told her.

"I know but..." Phia excused.

"Ok, you know what? Just enjoy the party. Have fun with your friends. Enjoy yourself. She can handle herself, and I'm pretty sure she wants you to have a great time as well." I reassured her and she nodded as a sign of "ok".

"Hey Phia! C'mon!" Malaysia called. "Coming!" Phia answered. "I gotta go..." she excused herself and I let her be. She then ran off to her friends.

As for me, I left to investigate. I know there's more to what Martial was talking about. She still doesn't trust me completely. Come to think of it, she trusts no one. Even as a kid if I try to lie to them about something little, she would glare and stare at me with suspicion until I finally tell the truth. So don't think she trusts me at all. But then again, she had suspicion of me killing their father her whole childhood to which is why she hates me as a kid and probably still now.

"Haiz..." I sighed.

"Champagne sir?" A waiter asked and handed me one. "Thank you." I said while taking the glass of his hand.

I took a sip of it and it tastes good but somethings a little odd about it. Not quite sure what though.

"Hey, Ame!" Someone greeted. Taking me off guard, I flinched almost spilling my drink. I looked behind me to see my tall brother. Canada.

"Oh hey, Nada. What's up?" I greeted back.

"Are you ok? I noticed you were lost at thought there, like, for so long." He said. Oh geez, did I?

"I did? For how long?" I asked. "5-10 minutes I guess." he replied.

"What?" I asked. "Yes... what were you thinking bout anyway?" He asked.

"I don't know somethings just bother me somehow..." I said and sipped a little of the champagne.

"Like what exactly?" He asked.

"I don't know..."

"Hmm... maybe its cuz you're single?~" he teased with with a giant smirk in his face. I glared at him and punched him on the shoulder. "Ow!"

"Fuck you." I cussed and drank the entire glass of champagne left. "Ahahaha! ey... chill with with the alcohol dude? Plus its kinda true though." Canada laughed.

"Uh huh..." While Canada continuously teased and laughed at me, I felt like someone is watching me. I averted my eyes to every direction possible till I saw one of the masked hosts by the dark hallway. Half covering him with a shadow, seemingly staring at me. He noticed me staring at him, and decided to then leave.

"Hey. Earth to Ame. Bro... you look so pale, you good?" Canada snapped his fingers. "Hmm? Oh, I... I gotta go."

"What? Where?" Canada asked as I was now leaving him.

I followed the man and to the dark hallway. Odd how it only has the sky's light reflecting and lighting up the hallway.

I continued walking till finally I caught up to him. Just walking.

"Hey you!" I called. He minded not and proceeded to ignore me. And so, I called once more, ignored. I kept calling him till finally he turned to me.

"Yes, may I help you?" He asked. His voice sounded familiar. Very familiar.

"Yeah, you can. Explain to me why you and little masked friends, hosted a random party? You didn't exactly say the reason what this is for and just to have fun? Explain what's actually happening here." I ordered.

Why do I feel weak?

"I apologize sir, but that is classified and private information. I suggest you go back to the party, sir." The way he said those irritated me.

"Ahahaha... classified? I don't wanna bring this up but do you know who I am?" I asked. Little bastard...

"Yes, the United States of America. One of the most powerful countries in the world. Also the one who tends to obtain lands and make them independent through murdering past rulers." He said.

My eyes widened.

"H- Wha-what?" I asked.

"Oh... think no one realizes any of that? Huh?" He asked.

I was stunned. Why would he assume that?

"Why would you assume that? And who are you?!?" I asked in worry.

For an unknown reason, my heart was starting to beat faster each minute. I didn't understand what I felt.

"Because I know you did, I saw it with my own two eyes. Oh..." he paused, and unexpectedly he took off his mask. I saw his face and my eyes widened. "I'm the child of one of the man you murdered. Coming in for revenge..."

My knees fell numb and my head ached. My body became weaker each moment. My vision was blurry and it seemed like everything was spinning. Ugh... why...

"And by the way, the Champaign, it had poison. So have a goodnight sleep, Sir." He grinned and walked away.

"All of it?!?" I yelled. "No, just yours. Heh..." and put on the mask.

Fucking bastard! I knew something was wrong.

And just as that, he was nowhere in  sight. Slowly l met my end. Darkness finally filled my sight...

Am I really meeting my end? Oh how could it end like this...

To be continued...
_________________●◎○_________________

Hi-low! Its finally our Christmas break! Yay! Hahaha

Rushed chapter...

More time to write but not sure about inspiration tho. But yea I'll do my best to update more later on.

So my apologies for any mistakes found in the chapter such as; incorrect grammar, incorrect spelling, missing words, if this is cringe or something, and for incorrect usage of words.
_________________●◎○_________________