Chap.36 Motionless

~Narrator's POV~

The night was peaceful, it wasn't quiet but it was calm. The wind blew through the sky scrapers within the city. There were many lights on. Even if it was late in the evening, the city lights up competing with the night stars above.

Just by a balcony, a man leans by its glass railings. He drinks a shot of his alcohol and looks at the city, unimpressed.

Just then, he gets a call on his phone. He reach through his pocket and answered.

"Да?"

"Sir, are you okay? You didn't come out of your hotel room for two days straight..." Ivan, Russia's assistant, asked. Concerned about his master's well being.

"Да, I'm fine. I just want to be alone for a while." Russia spoke.

"But sir, tomorrow is the world meeting. You must attend."

"Да, I know. Don't worry I will attend. Its not like I have a choice..."

The call ends and Russia was left in silence. The room he is in, is luxurious. Luxurious at it may seem it was quite gloomy. He was alone. The room was quite dark and dim. Only having a lamp and the city as light for the room.

Russia sighs, he pours another shot of vodka and drinks it. Having it as his last one, for the night. Laying on his bed, he tries to fall asleep but to no avail, he couldn't. There were a lot of things going on in his mind. It's a wonder what they may be.

He calms himself and closes his eyes. Hoping that this time, he'll actually fall to slumber. To which he did. Unfortunately, he was haunted by nightmares from his past. Some angst that he would best keep to himself.

Morning. It was 6:00 am. The city was already busy, assumed that many citizens are going to work or school. Either or neither way, the roads are busy and it was no longer as peaceful as the night before.

Russia groans in frustration as he wakes up. If he were honest, he doesn't want to go to the meeting. He had no choice, and neither does all the other countries who are attending.

Standing up, he grabs a towel and take a shower. Getting himself ready for the meeting. As he brushes his teeth he looks at his own reflection on the mirror.

"Damn... I look miserable." He mumbled.

Just as he finished his routine, he got outside. A driver awaits him and escorts him to the meeting. As they travel... traffic occurs.

Annoyed, Russia sighs as he leans back on his chair. Arms crossed and slowly becoming impatient. Just then, he noticed something outside. Someone familiar.

"Phia?" He asks himself unsure if it was truly her. She was walking within the streets of the city, just looking around as if time was in her hands. He checks again, curious and eager to know if it was truly her.

"Is something the matter, sir?" The driver asks.

Russia snaps out and turns to the driver. "No, just take me to the meeting immediately."

"Yes, sir."

Time skip.

Russia arrives and sees multiple countries are already present. Often with their followers or assistants around. Some weren't in their respective seats yet, as they walking around or chatting with other countries.

Russia looks around and just in time, Ivan. Some needed documents, schedule, coffee and etc.

As they walk to the conference room, they stumble upon China, who was minding his own business with his assistant. China notices them and greets them.