Chap.25 Anonymous invitation

Narrator's POV

As Phia sat down her chair, she couldn't help but smile as she saw the full and bright moon, above. She stares at the window looking at the moon. Remembering good and bad things in the past.

Her twin in the other hand, tried to get some sleep. As expected, thoughts and nightmares filled her dreams as she sleeps.

Philippines knew about the problem and pitied her twin. She looks at her twin with worry. Seeing that her twin seemed to be having nightmares, once again, she caressed her twin sister's messy hair carefully.

Unexpectedly, Martiala calmed down. Phia felt very sleepy and was exhausted. Having no other choice, she lied down her sister's bed and drifted to sleep.

As the twins slept peacefully, a silhouette was formed amongst the shadows. The figure got into the house in silence as if it wasn't even there. No footsteps were heard within the house.

It stalked each room checking if was anyone was awake. It seems that none were awake all was asleep.

Knowing the great opportunity, it lurks the house and stumbled upon the living room. It took out an item and went near the coffee table. Placing the item on top, someone came in.

"Hoy!" As the mysterious figure heard the shout it ran out with no hesitation and jumped out the window. The guard tried to catch it but came in too late.

Dawn approached and servants were busy checking if anything was stolen.

The twins just woke up and questioned what happened. A guard who witnessed the intruder explained what happened and apologized. The two didn't bother scolding everyone since, nothing was stolen, but instead just told them to make sure to lock the doors and windows. Everyone obliged and headed on to their corners or jobs.

"Isn't it odd how it didn't steal anything?" Phia asked.

"Yeah, but if the guard didn't scare it away, it could've actually stolen something." Martial theorized.

"Hmm, good point." Phia said. As she looked around the living room she noticed something on the table. She then crouched down and took the item.

"What's that?" Martiala asked.

"A letter." Phia answered.

"Where did it come from?" Martiala asked, again.

"Huh, it doesn't have anything, that indicates where it came from." Phia checked.

"Well then read it." Martiala said. Phia did as she was told and read the letter.

The letter was an invitation to a masquerade ball. The host was anonymous. Every countryhuman around the world were invited to such event. There was no limit to whatever they want to wear as long as wear a mask. They each may tag along someone. The party was located in a private island were no mere human can enter and was held in June, 12.

"This seemed suspicious, are you going?" Martiala asked.

"Uhm yeah, I guess. But you're coming with me." Phia said.

"What?! No! I don't wanna."  Martiala declined.

"Uhh yea you will and there's nothing you could do about it."

"Nooo..." Martiala groaned.

"Hey! I'm here! I heard there was an intruder, what happened?" Del greeted.

"Chismoso." Martiala whispered to herself.

"Hey! I heard that!" Del yelled.

"Uh huh yea what ever."

"Sir, the invitations are already sent successfully." Nicholas reported.

"Ahh, good. The plan is ready. Lets just hope it goes on smoothly and 'everyone' would cooperate." China said looking at North Korea who was staring at the globe.

Snap!

China snapped his finger to get North Korea's attention to which he did successfully.

"What?" North asked in annoyance.

"The invitations are already sent, the venue is almost ready. Do you still remember the plan?" China asked.

"Yeah, I do. Like you haven't reminded me a million times." North said sarcastically.

"You better. Everything in this plan has got to work or no sleep for you forever." China warned.

"Alright, alright. But one question. Why did you include him?" North asked.

"Well, it's either him or America." China said to which North hummed.

As, other countries wonder in suspicion about the masquerade ball, they couldn't help wonder who sent these invitations. There were no address to where it came from. They wonder if they should go or not. The ball was highly suspicious to which most who'll come will be tight with security.

"An invitation, huh? Where did it come from and for what?" America asked.

"A masquerade ball, no name of sender or where it came from, the invitation appeared in your office, probably last night."

America looked out his window and dismissed his secretary. Thinking about the party gave him suspicions. But then he just thought that the U.N. might've sent it and just wanted to be mysterious and played along.

»»Earlier««

"Were the invitations sent?" A mysterious man asked.

"Yes, sir each letter was sent successfully there were no problems whatsoever."

"Good. Now, report China the plans going on session." The man ordered and the secretary obliged and left the room.

"We'll see each other soon мой подсолнух..."

To be continued...

________________◎○________________

:):

I feel like its an inappropriate time writing this.

My apologies for any mistakes found in the chapter such as misspelled words, incorrect grammar, misuse of words, missing words, or unclear sentences.

_________________●◎○________________