Chap.29 Excuses

Narrator's POV◎

As Martiala was about to exit from the backdoor, America caught her almost leaving.

"Martial?" America asked. Martiala then flinched like heck while still holding the door.

"Oh, good evening. America." Martiala greeted.

"Dear god, what the hell happened to you!?!" America asked.

●Martiala's POV●

Shet

Quick make an excuse!

"I... uh... accidentally fell in the rose bushes in the garden?" I said.

Wow that was the worst excuse ever.

America then rose a brow, "Okay? Well you better go to the damn clinic or at least clean it in the bathroom if you don't want it to get infected." He said then dragging me to the nearest health kit.

"I'm not a child you know..." I said.

"I know but I just miss the habit of doing this to you girls." He said.

"By the way, where's your sister?" He asked.

"Beats me. I went looking for her earlier and then fell in the bushes." I said.

I then hear him sigh, "Martial, explain to me why you do you such cuts? I know you didn't get those wounds from a mere rose bush." he asked.

"... I... I got into a little trouble..." I lied.

"With who?" He asked.

"Can't say, but I think you might know them." I said.

He then hummed and asked,"China?"

"He's involved but it wasn't him who I fought with." I said.

"Huh... then who?" "North Korea..."

"Ah... but why did you to fight?" He asked.

"Dunno, don't care." I said.

I can't risk mentioning the necklace or the ambush. Especially to him. It may cause chaos on the world.

"You can go back to the party, I'll go and clean myself up." I said and went in the bathroom.

"Are you sure? I can wait." America suggested.

"One, I'm not a child. Two, I can take care of myself. Three, just go and enjoy the party before it ends. K now bye." I said pushing away from the bathroom and he just shrugged.

I got in the bathroom and cleaned the bruises on my arms with water. Took out my phone and dialed Phia's number.

"Hey..."

"Hey Martial"

"I'm gonna go ahead and go first, I don't feel so good."

"What? Are you ok? Where are you??"

"You don't have to worry I'll be fine. Just enjoy yourself." I said.

As much as I want her to leave this place, I feel like she's having a great time and I don't want to ruin it.

Oh well...

I decided to leave by the bathroom window, luckily no one was around in the bathroom. And if I use any exit or entrance door, I might be flooded with questions and shits.

I then ran as fast as I could looking for  our car. Finally, I found it. My driver flinched hearing the door slamming, making him choke on his saliva since he was sleeping earlier. He was surprised and shocked to see my current condition.