Chap.28 En guard!

●Narrator's POV●

Uhh... hey, Martiala are you okay? You look troubled." Mpaja asked.

"Huh?- Oh yeah! Its just that my twin's been gone for awhile now." She answered.

"I should go look for her." She added.

●Martiala's POV●

Ughhh.. Phia's been gone for a while now. How long does it take to take off a stain? Why couldn't she just let it be?

"I should go look for her..." and with that, I searched for my twin.

I looked around the gathering, excusing myself from pushing people. There were a lot who attended. Even with the rumours and suspicions. I mean no one knows who the hosts are. Come to think of it, the whole party seems like a trap.

"Oof! Excuse me..." I excused myself.

Suddenly, as I kept searching through the crowd hoping Phia might be here somewhere, someone took my arm and put theirs on my waist. As, I was about to slap the person I realized I was caught in a dance.

"Shit..." I mumbled. Not wanting to be embarrassed or rude. I just went along.

Switching partners, till I could finally get out.

One last switch, my partner let go of me so sudden that I bumped on someone. Our eyes met and realized we didn't have partners. He gestured to dance with me, to which I accepted it.

He seemed familiar. Like I shouldn't trust him. Its like I met him before.

I observed the man. A realization then hit me, he was one of the hosts earlier.

"Hey. If you don't mind me asking, you're one of the host correct?" I asked.

"Why yes, I am. Now, my turn, may I know your name?" He asked.

"Not if you tell me yours first."

"I apologize miss but I swore an oath not to tell a single soul."

"Tch! What a pity... anyhow, my name's Martial law..." I said.

Wait did just tell a stranger my name?!? Tangina! Why did I do that?

I'm not sure what's up with him, but he was quiet.

"Martial, are you really that curious of my identity? Well then, meet me in this location." He handed me a paper and disappeared. Then I realized I can leave.

But wait, why would he hand me some location. Should I go there? Something doesn't feel right.

"Ugh..." I groaned.

I left the ballroom and went to one of the halls. Opened the piece of paper and saw a map. There was a hall, to where I am right now. And some path to the garden. Hmm...

You know what? Why don't I have a little fun investigating? Phia did say to have fun. Hehehe... and who knows maybe I could find her on the way.

●○◎

Some time later, I arrived at the location. And there he was standing on the side of a fountain.

"Hello, Martial." He greeted. I didn't say anything and just kept quiet.

"Hmm... silent huh? Oh well. I've been wanting to see you." He said to which I rose a brow.

"Hahaha. Don't know if you know or remember me, but I'm sure you'd remember something about this little necklace of yours." He said pulling out my necklace that I've lost years ago.

"How did you- Who are you!?!" I asked with frustration and annoyance.

"Tche!" He scoffed and took of his mask.