Chapter 8 - Next work

So guys here is the first update. I hope you guys will like it 😊😊😊😊😊

Prachi was so happy to stay here. The house was so grand and luxurious and she loved the duplex apartment she was staying in.
That time she decided to call her mother. Her mother answered the call.
Prachi, very happy: "Hello maa"
Rashmi, noticing the background got confused: "Hello beta, but where are you staying? It's looking so porch and grand"

Prachi: "Maa, I got a place to stay now"
Rashmi: "Oh wow, where and how?"
Prachi: "Actually one of Ranbir's employees came and told that I can stay in his house for as long as I want"
Rashmi: "Ohhh that's so nice of him"
Prachi: "And today I presented a meeting to the foreign delegates and you know what our company got the deal"
Rashmi: "Oh wow"

Prachi: "And Ranbir gave the entire credits to me"
Rashmi: "Oh he is so nice and so sweet too"
Prachi: "Yes exactly maa"
Rashmi: "Yes, and by the way did you have food?"
Prachi: "Yes maa I had 50 pani puris"
Rashmi, shocked: "What? Who gave you this much?"
Prachi: "Ranbir gave me as a treat for our victory"
Rashmi: "Oh that's niceee"

Prachi: "So what else, how is dadi?"
Rashmi: "She is fine, ok anyways you take rest and sleep well ok"
Prachi: "Ok maa"
Rashmi: "And don't think anything that happened before, just think about your present"
Prachi, caressing her face: "Past is something which I can never forget maa, but I will try my best to forget all those haunting memories"

Rashmi: "That's my daughter, ok baccha sleep well ok"
Prachi: "Ok maa, you too sleep well"
Rashmi: "Ok baccha, good night"
Prachi: "Good night maa" And then they both cut the calls and went to sleep.

Next day morning
Prachi as usual came to Ranbir's cabin covering her face and after she came in she removed her dupatta from her face.
Ranbir: "Oh Hi Prachi"
Prachi: "Hi Ranbir" She noticed that Ranbir was standing there tense.

Prachi: "Ranbir is everything fine? Why do you look tense?"
Ranbir: "Actually our foreign clients called me today and told that I should come to London for our deal to move forward"
Prachi: "Ohhh, ok so what's the problem?"
Ranbir: "They told that you should also come"
To which Prachi got shocked.

Prachi: "What, me?"
Ranbir: "Yes"
Prachi: "But how can I come?"
Ranbir: "You can come it's ok"
Prachi: "I have never crossed the boundaries of India till now and now going to London, I have never thought of it"
Ranbir, teasing kind: "Arey you're talking as if you're leaving India and going to London to settle there, it's just for few days Prachi and you should come cause you're one who made the presentation majorly and presented the meeting too, so you should come"
Prachi sat there nervously.

Ranbir: "Arey why are you nervous for everything?"
Prachi looked at him worriedly.
Ranbir: "See if you're getting tense about me, then I am not those kind of boys, I am a guy who respects women not some person who..."
He was about to blurt it out but then stopped in mid and wiped his tears.
Prachi noticed this.

Prachi: "Ranbir, what happened?"
Ranbir: "No nothing"
Prachi, not satisfied: "Ok fine"
Ranbir: "So what I was saying is that..."
Prachi: "I trust you, in fact you're the only person I trust so much"
Ranbir was surprised by this: "Thank you😊"

Ranbir: "So how is it? Coming with me to London?"
Prachi thought for a while: "Ok fine" She still sat nervous and Ranbir noticed this.
Ranbir, he held her hands: "I am there with you, don't worry"
Prachi: "Ok fine😊"

Then they both sat down to complete some of the pending works together. Ranbir was explaining to Prachi like what all to be done. He was basically trying to bring her confidence and make her more bold enough to ace this business meeting.
Prachi was admiring seeing him, Ranbir noticed this and smiled lightly but then continued to explain to her and she then sat seriously and concentrated about the coming business meeting.

At Prachi's home
She was packing all her stuff. That time her mom called her.
Prachi: "Hello maa"
Rashmi: "Hello beta, are you packing all your stuff?"
Prachi: "Yes maa"
Rashmi: "But why?"
Prachi: "Maa, I am going to London for a few days"
Rashmi: "Oh for what?"
Prachi: "For a business meeting"

Rashmi: "Oh you're going alone or someone is with you?"
Prachi: "Yes maa I am going with Ranbir"
Rashmi: "Oh ok beta, take care and a very happy journey"
Prachi: "Thank you maa and you too take care and take care of dadi too"
Rashmi: "Ok beta😊"
And then they both cut their calls.

At airport
Ranbir and Prachi reached the airport and all formalities were done and now they boarded the flight.
Prachi took the window seat and Ranbir sat beside her. Ranbir noticed Prachi's grip on the seats were getting tighter. He instantly understood that Prachi was scared of take-offs.

Ranbir: "Prachi, do you like tom and jerry cartoons?"
Prachi, confused: "Why are you asking this question now?"
Ranbir: "Do you like it or not?"
Prachi sat there confused.

Ranbir: "Wait you don't like it? Ohhh I love ittt. It's an energy booster for me, want to watch it?"
Prachi: "Where to watch?"
Ranbir: "You see a screen here right?"
Prachi: "Yes"
Ranbir: "It's a tv"
Prachi: "Such a small tv?"
Ranbir: "Then how do you expect the people to keep a 65 inch tv behind the seats?"
Prachi: "Oh yeah yeah"

Ranbir then switched on the tv and showed her what all she can watch.
Prachi: "Omg, so many options, wow"
Ranbir: "Yes so now you can watch whatever you want from these options"
Prachi: "Ohhh that's nice"
Ranbir: "Yes"
Prachi: "Wait, did the flight take off?"
Ranbir: "That 15 mins before the flight took off"
To which Prachi got shocked and looked towards the window and saw that the flight was flying high. She could see many small small lights from the window and the small twinkling car lights moving here and there.

Prachi: "Beautiful😊😊😊"
Ranbir, looking towards Prachi: "Yes it's indeed looking very beautiful😊😊😊"
To which she smiled looking at him. Then she understood something.
Prachi: "Ohhh so the tom and jerry talks were just to distract me from this take-off right"
Ranbir: "Yes happy realization day😊😊😊"
To which Prachi glared at him and Ranbir was trying to find a place the hide inside the blanket and then Prachi hit him continuously in a funny way and Ranbir tried to cheer her and make her laugh and they both laughed and enjoyed the journey to London.

****************************************************

So guys here is the next update. I hope you guys liked it.

Precap: At London

Question of the day

Want the next update soon?

Guys please do vote and comment

And silent readers please do vote and comment please, it will mean a lot for me.

Please vote and comment
Yours lovely writer
Sudha