Chapter 4 - "Husband and wife."

I didn't have the confidence to examine Malfoy, but instead, he harshly gripped my upper arm, forcefully being brought closer to him

 I didn't have the confidence to examine Malfoy, but instead, he harshly gripped my upper arm, forcefully being brought closer to him. Our noses were only inches away from making contact. He was not amused, surprised, or heartbroken; rather his eyes told another story I could not figure out. 

"Medea, what do you think of yourself?" He spoke; his gaze meeting mine. "I have nothing for you whatsoever, I don't love you either," he spoke confidently. "This marriage itself is a deal for me."

I wanted to confront Draco, but I contained myself. His actions and his words weren't syncing.

Those words circled in my head, but they never reached my tongue.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"You can't serious, you've only been seeing Draco for roughly a month and now you're getting married!" A furious Serena spoke. I had just broken the news to her, telling her how in less than a week, I was going to get married. 

"You either, support me or don't speak!" I responded, I know I was being rough; but she didn't know I wasn't marrying for love, I was marrying for murder. For revenge. So, she'd think I was crazily in love to make this decision. 

"You are like my sister to me, and I want the best for you!" Exclaimed Serena in a lower tone and she took a few steps, bringing herself closer. "Don't you want to re-think this decision, are you sure you're ready?"

"Yes, I know I'm ready." I confidently replied.

"If she's ready, then let her do it." Tom interfered. Serena looked blizzard, her lips parting apart. 

"How could you support her!"

"We are older, we know better." 

"Oh come on! even a child would tell you, you can't just get married this early!" Serena argued, but Tom did not dare respond nor did he argue back.

"Serena, are you with me or not?" I asked for once and for all, I understood and would be sympathetic if she refused, I mean to say hypothetically I married for love; it would be very early.

She sighed, and let her anger cool down.

"Okay.."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I faced the bride in the mirror, as I slipped on the silky white gloves; finishing my outfit. I was ready, all ready. I was emotionless, but as I stared at myself for what felt like minutes. Tears began to well up in my eyes. Was I ready? Was I ready to commit myself? I had never imagined myself to be in this position ever. I wasn't ready to leave Tom and Serena, but I knew eventually I'd come back. 

I was in my room, this wasn't some normal wedding where there would be a venue or a ceremony. There was no need for that. Tom entered the room, silently and glared at me for a few seconds.