Chapter 27- Merry Christmas pt.1

It was just a matter of a few minutes before it'd hit Christmas. I walked silently into Draco's room, where he used to live, and found him in a deep sleep whilst; Juniper, Narcissa's black cat sleeping on top of Draco's chest.

His fur spread around the green thin sweater Draco was wearing. I was in awe for a bit when I heard something unusual cackling from the fireplace behind me. 

A glimpse of fear pulsed in my nerves. However, I was mostly skeptical. 

"Emerlyn." called out a familiar voice, from the layers of the wood and raging fire. Taken aback, I sat in front of the fire examining the abnormally strange-structured face the fire had now created. 

"I knew you wouldn't respond through the earring." my eyes ever so slightly widened, as I came to a realization this was Tom speaking. "But, I have something really important to tell you." he finished.

"Look, Tom, Draco is in the same room sleeping, I can't hold a conversation for long!" I warned him, as I kept turning my head around to ensure myself he was still sleeping; I became aware of my hearing sensations ensuring myself I could hear his faint, light snores. 

"It's important!" he continued. "It's about Barty."

Suddenly, the light snores that I could hear from Draco came to a halt.

In a fit of panic, I got up on my feet to observe him and let out a breath of relief. 

Draco had just turned sides, whilst Juniper had awoken but hadn't left Draco's side. 

I returned to Tom, I wasn't going to risk being exposed on Christmas. "I'm sorry, Thomas."

I burnt out the fire and lost all connection with Tom, whatever it was, I would have to hear it later. I let out a deep noticeable breath and placed myself on the other side of the bed; Juniper's eyes glued to me, carefully studying my actions.

I ran my fingers through Draco's soft fluffed platinum light-colored hair, he looked quite peaceful sleeping, memorizing me. I didn't know how my mind formed this thought but watching him sleep so peacefully, brought my mind to peace.

For just a few minutes, I completely forgot; why I was here, why I married him, and what my biggest motive was. My mind was at rest, at peace. I even forgot, that one day I would have to murder Bellatrix and Lucius. 

With all this peace in my mind, I didn't even realize I missed; just one thought slipped into my mind.

I think I love Draco.

It was now I realized, that him showing his arrogant side really did hurt me, that I couldn't live without him anymore.

It was truly exhausting denying yourself when you know it is the truth. 

I really did love Draco.

I couldn't continue denying myself anymore, but just accepting it would be the end of what could have been a lovely romantic beginning. As Tom said, if I continued, I'd end up breaking Draco's heart completely.

I knew exactly how exhausting and horrible a heartbreak was, whether it was platonic or romantic. I'd felt both and I'd never wish it upon anyone. Perhaps, keeping my feelings locked away with the key thrown away never to be found was the best path. 

Then again, I couldn't draw myself away from Draco any longer, he was so memorizing. Everything about him was capturing, his aura, his gentle but sensitive personality. I wanted to show him affection, and love. After all, I was a human with emotions and feelings.

To that, I planted a soft kiss on Draco's cheek.

Draco flinched and woke up, sitting straight while gazing at me with a horrified expression. Shit forgot he was a light sleeper. After taking a few moments, his expression calmed down, and he placed his thumb on the part of his cheek I kissed.