Chapter 21 - An accident.

I woke up as my head was pounding from all the drinking last night; Draco who seemed to be busy in a deep sleep and his arm hovered over my waist, to which I pushed aside; and got up from the bed

I faced myself in the mirror of the bathroom, splashing my face in freezing cold water; and the memories from last night slowly flooded me in seconds. In a fit of panic, I traced the given love bites by Draco in regret. 

Oh my goodness, what have I done?

Why did I let Draco distract me, I was supposed to find Barty and kill him!

I faced myself, my sun-kissed eyes, and messed-up curls faced me back. I observed the little bruise given by Draco. If I was aware of what I'd be doing, I've would've never done it. My chest fluttered in panic, and regret. 

                                             - - - - - - -- - - - 

I took a sip of cold lemon juice sipping all my regrets away and giving my headache a break. When I felt someone's presence. Draco.

"Good morning." He spoke digging his head next to my shoulder, slithering his arms around my waist, and intertwining his fingers with mine. 

There was no smile or laugh in return because my chest was pounding with regret, my mind was racing in panic. How do I tell Draco, that last night was an accident?

Moreover, I still would have to face Tom and apologize for wasting his time and ditching him. Which would be a task of its own.

"Draco" I replied, escaping from his grip and pulling off his arms. "I need to go change." I lied making an excuse to avoid him for a bit. He let go.

                                   - - - - - - -  - - - 

He had been like this the whole day, but I could not blame him. Last night, I had led him on but I had to stop it from going any further; I didn't want to crush his heart, but some of the things he was doing were truly crossing the boundaries we had created for ourselves. 

Watching the sunset from the window in silence, yet again Draco approached him. Why was he so in love with me?

And this love would one day break him in every single way imaginable.

Was there any way to stop someone from loving you this much?

"I really love you." He asserted his gaze fixed upon mine. 

Ouch. 

For seconds, I felt a sharp pain run in the veins of my heart, I didn't love him back. I couldn't bring it to my tongue. He wasn't taking my silence as a hint either instead, he brought himself closer, pulling me into his embrace.

The hug slowly got more intimate, his hands yet again exploring me playing around with the laces of my green blouse. 

I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't lead him on any further.

I pushed him back harshly, letting all the wrong emotions enter me. 

"DON'T YOU GET THE FUCKING HINT!"

"DRACO, I DON'T LOVE YOU BACK!"

"LAST. NIGHT. WAS. A. MISTAKE"

I witnessed Draco's face crumble in agony and betrayal. He was trying to process the words that had crashed out of my mouth and entered his ears.

However, I know I should've stopped, but I continued.

"You told me yourself, we would stay friends in this marriage, so why do you keep crossing the boundaries!" A livid me shouted.

"Boundaries?" He finally anguished, with a low cracked voice. 

I continued, blabbering whatever the fuck could spill out of my mouth; until Draco lost his temper, his eyes welled up in angry tears as he smashed the side table to the side with various useless items corrupting with one another.

"Yes, we decided to stay friends!" He bellowed with rage. "But what about last night! where YOU pulled me in for a kiss first, where YOU first decided to seduce me FIRST!" He incensed as a tear dropped through his left eye, meeting the ground; symbolizing heartbreak. 

However, he reacted impulsively.

Gripping my arms with both of his hands as the outer parts of his eyes slowly turned red. "You led me on." my back crashed with the solid-colored wall, and his grip grew tighter.

"If you don't love me, then why are you here?" He sullenly continued as more tears threatened his eyes. "Why are you making me so miserable, why don't you just leave me!" 

"Why don't you just free yourself and me from this pain, this misery!"

Then something seemed to recall him, and he let out a vulnerable smile. "Oh yes! you're part of the deal!" He recalled as another one of his tears met the ground. "Will you remind me, what is it again, and why is taking so long?" 

This was the first time, Draco spoke in a tone I was not familiar with, it was intimidating and heartbreaking. I was at a loss for words, and it was now I realized how badly I messed up. I shouldn't have yelled at him, I shouldn't have been so harsh.

His grip tightened as he awaited an answer. "Tell me, EMERLYN!" An enraged Draco snapped me out of reality.

His tone grew aggressive, infuriated. I closed my eyes to stop my tears from falling out. "You're..you're hurting me...Draco.." I stammered over my words, turning my head to the side. 

He pulled me over, opposite the wall, and finally let go in an aggressive motion; we faced each other but at a distance. "It won't happen again" He let out a huff. "We'll just be strangers who once knew each other, you, me, and a wall between us." He shed his final tear.

"Live, as long as you wish to live here, but don't bother talking to me." To that, he stormed out of the room. 

"Draco, Draco!" I called out. "Please list-" 

It was too late, the door shut in front of my face. I had never been more disappointed in myself, I took all the wrong choices, all the wrong decisions. 

But then again, who was to blame?

Only me.