Chapter 68- Last Blood?

"So...how'd your visit with Mattheo go?" After quite a bit of time, I was finally able to stop by Tom's place and actually meet him in person. 

He paused for a second, collecting his words. "Fine."

"Just fine?" I inquired, examining his expressionless face. "I suppose Serena would be happy to learn about this...unexpected reunion."

"Serena was the spark in my life," Tom replied. "To keep a glimpse of that spark alive, I decided to meet Mattheo."

"I feel like, Mattheo has changed..." 

"And, why do you think that?" Tom questioned, his charcoal eyes on mine.

"I dunno...maybe he's become a lot more open to us now because we've...I've opened up to him...I can't describe it."

Tom and I exchanged a few more chats, here and there. I was about to exit his home when he congratulated me.

"Oh and," he said. "Happy early anniversary."

My one-year anniversary was just a day away. A year was about to pass by since Draco and I had been married. I flashed a small smile to Tom.

"Thanks."

                                                                    ---------------------

28 JUNE 2004.

"Serena, there is so much I want to tell you." I held Serena's soft hand as I spoke low. "I miss you so much." My eyes were threatened not to slip out tears.

Most of Serena's bruises had recovered, I could see the shape of her face; her eyes, her nose, her lips. She appeared like an angel but a living corpse at the same time. Most of the doctors had begun to lose hope in her recovery. 

I knew Lucius was behind this. He was going to pay and I was going to ensure it happened.

He was going to pay for the time he killed my parents all those years ago.

He was going to pay for hurting Serena.

He was going to pay for causing an injury to Draco.

He was going to pay for all.

And today I was going to face him once again. I had a plan prepared in mind, and I was sure he was too.

"Today's my anniversary." I began speaking to Serena as though she could hear me, I wanted to believe she could. I studied her body movement and her heart rate for signs to know she was there. I was only let down once again. "I wish..you could be there for me."

                                                                  ---------

"DRACO, DRACO, DRACO!" I grabbed anything that could reach my hand and violently launched things at the spider in the room. It created havoc with noises of objects being shattered.

"What is all that noise!" He spoke, his voice noticeably louder than the noise I had created. I pointed a glass vase at him.

"T-there's a spider..." The flashbacks of my time in the poverty-stricken orphanage would play in my mind anytime I spotted a spider. 

He sighed. "Of course, I should've known.." he began searching the room for the room, his hands wrapped around his brown, lanky wand. "I don't see it anywhere...you might've killed it."

I didn't. The spider must've sensed the thin chain sliver Draco was wearing and ran away itself. 

I stepped off the bed practically covered in fear, my hands warm and sweaty.