009. cargo hides for drug smugglers

Edited June 20, 2023 

𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗗𝗜𝗗 𝗠𝗔𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗡𝗭𝗜𝗘 consider the living conditions of Lana and Scooter Grubbs. She wasn't exactly taken back by what was in front of her, rather disappointed that she had assumed correctly. A part of her wondered how little Scooter was being paid for all the hard work he had done for her father and the Camerons.

"You know what this house looks like? Whoever lives here smokes too much weed." JJ turned to them as they walked towards the little pink house.

"Is this what your house looks like?" Mackenzie asked.

JJ smirked, playfully winking at the girl, "Curious about my house, or my bedroom?"

"Neither." Mackenzie rolled her eyes, walking past the two boys to lead the way.

In a split second, JJ's smug grin was whipped off his face and given to John B who snickered at the boy's denial.

"I'd ask you the same question, but we all know you've already seen my bedroom." John B joked, totally wording it incorrectly to JJ and earning a very angry scowl from the blond boy

Mackenzie turned around and scowled at the boy. She knew that the brunette boy meant the bonfire night in which he had caught her sneaking out of his bedroom with JJ asleep inside. On the other hand, JJ had misunderstood his comment and was fuming at the image of Mackenzie doing to Jong B what she had done to him.

He especially questioned when this happened. Before the bonfire, why wouldn't his best friend boast to him about the island princess? Or after the bonfire? When he knew of JJ's thing for the girl.

As they got closer to the house, noises of glass shattering and furniture being thrown rang through their ears. The crashing and ruckus got louder as they neared the house. Mackenzie stopped in her tracks nearly causing John B to knock her onto the ground. He steadied both of them, placing his hands gently on her hips.

JJ was fuming. Not only did this cross the very sacred bro code, but it was a complete violation of the "no pouge on pouge macking" as Mackenzie was unofficially welcomed into their group. He knew exactly what he was going to do which was bring "initiating" Mackenzie into the group by notifying her of the group's rules. Especially that one.

Of course, it would cause an issue for him but that was something he'd deal with after eliminating any chances John B had.

"Bullshit!" A man yelled loudly, breaking something else.

"Maybe we should come back. It's a little too soon." JJ suggested for John B, turning to look at the van.

"No, no. Shut up, shut up JJ." John B said, dropping his hands from Mackenzie's waists and started taking small steps to the house.

"Tell me where it is, or I'll fuck you up." The man from inside shouted again.

A woman cried out in fear, who they had guessed was Ms. Lana. It nearly shattered Mackenzie's heart as she had nothing but good motherly memories of the woman. But, regardless, there was no justification for harming any woman.

"I'll sink you, in the fucking-" Another clamorous crash interrupted the man.

"You're hurting me!" Ms. Lana screamed in pain, making them all flinch. Mackenzie let out a soft gasp.

"Okay, we need to call 911." Mackenzie urged. She knew that walking in there would only put more people at harm's and possibly result in death.

"Shut up. Come on." John B kept moving forward towards the chaos.