001. party on the beach

𝗠𝗔𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗡𝗭𝗜𝗘 𝗝𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗦 𝗡𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗢𝗪𝗘𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗥 honey brown eyes at her father. She raised her perfectly arched eyebrow at him, crossing her arms over her chest waiting for him to continue spewing out bullshit. Instead of continuing the pointless conversation, Alexander Jones scoffed and slammed the bedroom door shut leaving a satisfied Mackenzie. She had planned on going to a party in the cut later in the evening, but upon finding out her father argued that she'd get jumped appearing in the cut. If only he was aware of her previous encounters at the cut.

"What does he think is going to happen?" Sarah Cameron, the single best friend of Mackenzie, laughed as she leaned back on the kingsized bed. 

Mackenzie and Sarah were inseparable, just like their parents. The Camerons and Jones had a long history of being business partners it's not a big surprise the two girls were this close. Their friendship dates back to their toddler days when they'd play together. Sarah was the princess of the Kooks and Mackenzie was the princess of the island. 

"He's just angry I won't date Rafe and finally connect the families by blood." Mackenzie shrugged, watching herself in the mirror as she carefully swiped a dark shade of red lipstick over her plump lips. "We should get married, would give him what he wants." She nonchalantly said. 

Sarah laughed, looking up from her phone, "I don't think Topper would be very thrilled." 

As if on cue, the absolute douche of a man came barging into the bedroom. Not the care of potentially seeing the girls naked or startling them. Trailing closely behind it was the one and only Rafe Cameron, his eyes practically undressing Mackenzie from her outfit. Topper focused on Sarah, commenting on her 'skimpy' pink dress. Whereas Rafe felt himself get heated at the thought of Mackenzie's skin-tight dress ending up on a bedroom floor. 

Mackenzie ignored Topper's sexist comments and continued to apply makeup on her face. Catching the eye of Rafe in her mirror she winked turning around and tossing an oversized jean jacket onto her shoulders. 

"Ready boys?" She purred, grabbing Sarah's hand and strutting downstairs to the foyer. 

From their spots in the parlour, Alexander and Melanie Jones narrowed their eyes unsatisfied with the girls' outfits. Alexander hated the way his daughter would flaunt her body around ignoring the perfect Cameron man who awaited her. Melanie, on the other hand, hated shopping in boutiques for her daughter to throw together some stunning outfits for low-lives. 

"Rafe," Alexander said earning the boy to straighten his poster and utter a 'yes sir. "Take care of my daughter and have her looking suitable for tomorrow's brunch, son." 

"Yes sir," Rafe nodded. He placed his hand on Mackenzie's back leading her out to the car. She scoffed as he did so, annoyed with her family's obsession with him. 

Nevertheless, she climbed into the passenger seat of his car not bothering to tug her dress down before doing so. Rafe felt his eyes trailing downwards as the dress hitched up just high enough for her red lace thong to tease him. He licked his lips, composing himself before climbing into the passenger side. 

"I don't understand why you'd want to party with the pouges." Rafe ridiculed, his grip tightening on the steering wheel as his mind wandered back to her tempting body. 

Mackenzie rolled her eyes, typing away at her phone, "It's a party on the beach, Rafe." 

He rolled his eyes, deciding it was best to change the subject before pissing her off. More than she already was in his presence. "Did you have a change of clothes or do you want to wear my shirt tonight?" 

The brunette ignored the boy's undeniable attempt at implying he'd want her in his bed. Instead, she waited until the car came to a stop at the beach and flung the door open running down to the cluster of people. Plenty of people said hello to Mackenzie, offering a sip of their drinks. She kindly said hello back, feeling bad that she didn't recognize a single face. From across a crowd of dancing teens, Mackenzie spotted Sarah happily dancing with Topper.

Rafe had been thankfully lost in the crowd. So, she decided to join in on beer pong, a single game turning into mumbled words and giddy laughs. After winning the majority of beer pong, and downing half a bottle of tequila, Mackenzie stumbled over to the fire taking her place on a washed-up tree. 

Beside her, a long-gone boy looked her up and down before passing her a bottle of beer with a lopsided grin. She raised an eyebrow at him. People had been handing her alcohol and sparking up a conversation in hopes of getting an Instagram photo with Mackenzie Jones. Here, on the island, she was like a celebrity. 

"Suit yourself," The boy shrugged, cracking open the beer and chugging it back in seconds. 

He whipped his mouth with the bottom of his shirt, revealing a very defined v-line. Mackenzie's eyes trailed down his body and back up to his eyes giving her a satisfied smirk that she was caught. She held his gaze until he slowly allowed himself to trail down her body. 

He was pleasantly surprised that someone with her attractiveness would sit beside him, let alone check him out. As his eyes trailed down her body, he felt himself getting worked up at how her tight black dress covered the bare minimum. Mackenzie would love to say it was the high level of alcohol courses threw her veins, but in all honestly, the boy was attractive and Rafe could be heard calling out for her. 

She grinned, leaning forward and placing a hand on his very firm chest. "Hi," he whispered growing under her gaze. She pursed her lips, dragging her hand down his chest and moving on his board shorts. He let out a soft moan, hands digging into her sides. "You're coming with me."

She grinned climbing off him, allowing him to grab hold of her hand and lead her up to a house along the water. As they passed by a group of people on the porch, Mackenzie spotted Rafe looking around. She tugged the boy inside the house, eager to not only get away from Rafe but to get closer to him. She pressed him into the wall, tilting her head to look upwards at him. His tall frame only allowed her head to reach up to his mid-chest. 

He flipped her around so he was pressing her up against the wall, and as he leaned forward he hesitated, "You're drunk."

"So are you," She mumbled inching her lips closer to his, "So shut up and take me."

Mackenzie woke up the next morning, with a heavy arm drooped over her stomach and bedsheets skewed all over the place. She slowly pushed the arm off her body and slipped out of the bed, feeling bad for leaving the boy without even learning his name. As she tugged her black dress over her sun-kissed body, she allowed herself to look at the boy one last time. 

He was a pouge, the house was a dead giveaway. Not that Mackenzie minded, she knew most of the higher-class kooks and a few lower ones and this boy didn't look familiar. He was sprawled out on the bed, his blond hair messily covering his face. The sun hit his body casting a golden hue on his already sunkissed muscles. Mackenzie couldn't help but look a little longer at his toned chest. Before the boy woke up Mackenzie decided to slip out of the house. 

She managed to make it to the front porch before realizing she didn't have her phone or a ride home. 

"Looking a little lost their princess," A voice startled Mackenzie. She jumped clutching her chest as she turned around to see a somewhat familiar face lounging on a hammock. "Your boyfriend left you behind last night?" 

Mackenzie scowled, recognizing the boy as an employee for Ward Cameron, "Rafe is not my boyfriend." 

The boy snickered, "Yeah I kind of figured that one out when you were on top of JJ. Look, I have to drop something off at the Cameron's do you need a ride home?"

Mackenzie didn't exactly want to walk to Figure 8 from the cut, and it wouldn't exactly hurt to arrive home with a pouge. She couldn't already picture her father blowing a gasket at Rafe for allowing this to happen. 

She nodded, reluctantly following the boy to an old Volkswagon van. The whole drive to figure 8 she stared out the window watching as the island life slowly faded into high class until that itself faded 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗢 𝗜𝗡𝗩𝗜𝗦𝗜𝗕𝗟𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗦.