(smut) 033. he's dead shoupe

a/n: i'm sorry It took a while to updated even after my target was hit. I'm balancing my bachelor degree, a new job, a new relationship, and a spinal injury so life has been fucked. but as a sorry, next chapter has smut also and it'll be more detailed bc of the like build up. Next chapter is: 15 votes & 20 comments

𝗠𝗔𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗡𝗭𝗜𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗦𝗡'𝗧 𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬 𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗬. Maybe it had to do with the fact she was spending her day beside a drain, clearing it out, in hopes that they would come across the gun that Rafe used to kill Peterkin and that Ward used to kill Gavin.

"This is the north drain, it should've gotten washed into the gully." JJ explained as they stood in the murky water.

Mackenzie had attempted to make up a pathetic excuse to avoid rummaging around in sewage water, but Kie called her out. They all knew that she couldn't care less about being helpful or even repairing a friendship, Mackenzie was seeking validation and redemption for one thing only and that was how the ending occurred between her and Sarah.

"So if it got flushed out from this drain, it would've been pushed out to like-" JJ motioned towards all the trash.

"Somewhere in this trash." Pope cut the blonde boy off.

"Correct." JJ clicked towards Pope and than made finger guns. He glanced over at Mackenzie, ho sat on top of the drain, her legs swinging back and forth, causing him to smile briefly before she scowled at him.

"Oh my God, people who use plastic should be shot." Kie said.

"Maybe Ward is an environmentalist and Gavin used too much plastic." Mackenzie stated, "Would your statement stay the same?"

JJ let go of a small chuckle, as did Pope but Kie on the other hand didn't find it as amusing. The girl rolled her eyes before turning her attention back to the boys.

"Okay, personally, I love plastic. Use it every day. Love the stuff." JJ spoke up, trying to take some of the hostility away from Mackenzie, his feelings for her still very prominent.

"Hopefully you re use it and don't let it flush into the ocean." Kie responded quickly.

Pope pulled out a packet of trash bags and held them up before turning to face Kie with a embarrassed smile. "I thought you'd say something like that, so, trash bags."

Mackenzie glanced between Pope and Kie, who now had a small smile on her face at the fact that Pope brought trash bags. She obviously was aware that not being friends with them, or even interacting with them, since the 'accident' would mean a lack of clarity on lots of things. However, she still found herself slightly jealous and maybe a bit of remorse for missing out on what ever had happened between the two of them.

"Did you just proactively protect the environment?" Kie questioned with a grin.

"Maybe." Pope nodded as they both just stared at one another.

"You want us to leave you two alone," JJ motioned to himself and Mackenzie, "or what's going on?"

Pope didn't say anything, instead he threw the packet of trash bags towards JJ.

"How about you shut up and pick up the trash so we can get this over with? Yeah?" Mackenzie snapped.

Around twenty minutes later, JJ placed the final trash bag on the ground and announced, "Well, that was fun."

"If it's not in the trash, then it's gotta be in the storm drain." Pope pointed to the drain.

Mackenzie grimaced as she looked inside, not wanting to go in there whatsoever. She had already banged up her freshly done manicure, and her hair was sticking to her forehead in sweat.