036. the family dynamic

A/N: Little announcement here; i'm going to be doing to be working on my other JJ book and Rafe book in addition to starting a third JJ book & starting ones for John B, Kiara, and Pope. Looking for names & character description ideas, so feel free to make suggestions or suggest yourself! :)

. . .

"Hey, guys! Don't tie up." JJ shouted as he ran down to the dock to prevent Kie and Pope from tying up the boat.

Magnolia was running, or trying to, alongside JJ once they'd climbed down the tree. She loosely held onto his bicep ignoring the looks her brunette best friend was giving her.

Mackenzie was quite upset, after everything that had happened with JJ she knew there was a lot of talking to do before things where figured out. But with he blonde girl latching onto him, and JJ appearing to enjoy it, Mackenzie wasn't sure if talking was possible or even worth it.

"What?" Kie questioned confused as to why everyone looked so panicked.

"We're dipping." JJ glanced back to Mackenzie before gently shrugging Magnolia off his bicep.

"Wait-what? What are you talking about?" Questioned Kie, her brows furrowing as to why JJ seemed so frustrated.

"Where'd you guys go? What happened last night?" John B questioned as he helped Sarah down the dock, worried that her injury would get worse if she didn't have the help she needed.

"Slept on the break, what's up?" Pope responded.

"Slept, right, yeah." JJ nodded, jumping onto the boat. "We we're up all night."

"We gotta get the hell out of here." John B nodded in agreement, tossing a duffel bag to JJ, who almost expertly caught it.

"Rafe knows where here, so we have to leave, like, now." Sarah panted, her hand resting over her bullet wound."

Mackenzie looked up to her friendly worriedly, she didn't want Sarah to end up needing to go the the hospital if they put too much strain on her body.

"Come on," JJ offered his hand for Mackenzie, which she happily took and stepped onto the boat. He went to go follow her but was held back by Magnolia who grabbed his hand for support. He helped her onto the boat with a blank expression and watched as John B climbed onto the boat.

JJ drove the boat to through the marsh, allowing them to pull up once they saw the first bit of land that was away from Figure 8. They all gathered around in a group and began to talk about their options. 

"Look, if Rafe and Barry know, it's only a matter of time." Kie pointed out.

"Before everyone knows." Pope finished.

JJ was packing back and forth, trying to come up with a solution that could save his best friend and Sarah.

"I told you. We should've just gone south, man. Why does no one ever listen?" JJ shouted in frustration.

"Just stop. I get it. I get it. I understand." John B shouted, making JJ turn to face him.

"I have an idea." Sarah spoke up, her voice cracking ever so slightly from nerves. "With me back, my dads going to have to choose between me and Rafe."

Everyone lifted their heads to look at Sarah. She sounded like she had lost the plot. John B cleared his throat and called out her name, he was going to tell her that it was a stupid idea, but before he got a chance, she cut him off.