014. we should talk

Edited June 20, 2023 

𝗠𝗔𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗡𝗭𝗜𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 pouges found themselves back at the Wreck. "Stealing drones makes you hungry," Kie said as they pulled up to The Wreck. The Wreck was probably the best place on the whole of the island to get food. Kie's family owned it, and unfortunately, Kie's parents and Mackenzie didn't get along very well.

"What I would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now," JJ said as he hopped out of the van.

"That would not be pretty," Pope uttered. Mackenzie jumped out of the van and linked arms with Kie, the two of them becoming close quickly. 

"I'm starving." Mackenzie groaned making Kie laugh slightly, "Like I can't even remember the last time I've eaten."

"Hey, Dad." Kie smiled as they walked into the wreck. Mackenzie stayed behind with the boys as Kie tried to convince her father for some scraps.

"Hey." Mr. C smiled back.

"How'd we do?"

"Didn't turn it over once." Mr. C responded to his daughter, he didn't miss the friends that she walked in here with. Mr. C wasn't sure if he was more annoyed at the boys being alongside her daughter or Jones. 

Mackenzie took a step back so she stood behind JJ, his hands kept brushing against hers. She didn't know if he was doing it on purpose or not, but it was giving her mixed feelings as she remembered they still need to talk. They needed to talk about a whole list of things.

Mackenzie turned and faced the boy who had a knowing smirk on his face. "What are you doing?" 

"Oh me?" He pointed to himself, "Nothing." He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

She looked up at him through her lashes. JJ didn't know what came over him, but he felt a blush start to form on his face so he awkwardly coughed and excused himself mumbling about going to smoke and joint. 

He didn't. 

"Sit down," Kie ordered the four. JJ huffed, slumping down in a spot at the table beside Mackenzie. 

"Oh yes!" JJ smiled happily. The two were so close that he had to place his hand, other than resting on Mackenzie's thigh as they waited for their food to arrive. 

"You're the best Kie." Mackenzie smiled, as she felt JJ's hand on her exposed upper thighs.

The food had arrived and they didn't hesitate for one second before stuffing it in their mouths. Kie started dancing and motioned for John B to join her. He didn't waste any time getting up and dancing with her. 

Mackenzie, with JJ's hand, still resting on her thigh, wanted a way out. She jumped up grabbing JJ's hand the moment it started to drift upwards and touching the short jean fabric covering her bottom half.

"I'm going to dance," Mackenzie's hand still holding onto JJ's hand, "Join me."

"No," JJ said, shaking his head with wide eyes.

"Please," she smiled like aN excited child. "Dance with me." She was already standing up.

JJ was about to deny dancing with her again, but he gave in the second he looked at her little puppy dog eyes. "Fine!" He said standing up.

JJ placed his hands on her hips as they danced. He wanted her as close to him as possible. She placed her hands on his chest and laughed as he attempted to dance. Her hips swayed back and forth to the beat playing over the speaker.

She glanced over to Pope and sighed. He was watching both John B and Kie dance. She felt bad for him. He had the biggest crush on Kie and it wasn't exactly a secret either. Both the boys knew about it.