031. this is a telephoto

a/n: chapter 33 is smut fyi, like some steamy angry fuck you smut. ;)

𝗝𝗝 𝗙𝗨𝗥𝗥𝗢𝗪𝗘𝗗 𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗘𝗬𝗘𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗪𝗦 together in confusion as he questioned everyone's decision on Kie being the best person to call Gavin, "Why does she get to tickle?"

"She's the best." Pope shrugged honestly, they all agreed, except JJ.

"Should I do an accent?" Kie questioned, turning around and looking at everyone for confirmation.

"Definitely disguise your voice." Pope nodded in agreement, that way they wouldn't be found out if someone recognised her voice.

"Disguise my voice how?" Kie questioned, putting on a British accent. "Like how would you like me to talk? Like this?"

"Not like that." Pope shook his head.

"For such a dramatic girl I'd expect you to at least have some skills." Mackenzie said speaking her two cents. She was more focused in scrolling through the Instagram feed than she was on the actual situation at hand.

"Batman!" Pope randomly blurted, lowing his voice. He wanted to quickly advert the conversation before the two girls went at each other again. "There you go."

"Spot on. Let's do it." JJ nodded in confirmation, he leant back and allowed his eyes to flicker over to Mackenzie, taking in her appearance.

Although it hadn't been long since there 'fling', or whatever it may have been, Mackenzie looked drastically different. Wherever she had gone after the tarmac had done good for her skin as she was now unbelievably sun kissed making her freckled cheeks more prominent. Her dark brown hair was dyed black and in loose curls as they cascaded down to her hips.

JJ could barely keep his thoughts pure as his eyes took in the white crop top, she had on and the jean shorts that hugged her side. He noticed right away that she looks leaner, as if she hadn't been eating as much lately.

Kie narrowed her eyes and the girl before turning her attention to the phone call as Gavin's voice game through.

"Hello?" Gavin questioned once he answered the phone.

"Hello." Kie said in a deep voice before turning to look at JJ. "I can't."

"Hello?" Gavin asked again, this time he sounded more impatient.

Mackenzie dropped her own phone to her lap and snatched the phone out of Kie hands before effortlessly putting on a very posh British accent.

"Is Gavin there?"

Everyone looked at her in shock, nobody had voted for her to talk or expected her to even offer to help. But they weren't' complaining as her accent was beyond unrecognisable and believable.

"This is Gavin. Who's this?" Gavin responded, before Silas could even say anything, Gavin let go of a snappy, "Hello?"

"I know what happened on the tarmac." Mackenzie said, seeming bored as she picked at her nails.

"Um, who's this?" Gavin questioned skeptically.

"It was Rafe Cameron." She ignored Gavin's question. "But you already knew that, and you lied about it."

"Okay, who is this?" Gavin asked again.

"We're gonna prove it, you're guilty." Mackenzie stated. "You could have saved her, Gavin, and you didn't. And you're not getting away with this."

"Listen to me! Who is this?" Gavin shouted angrily. It was obviously that he was panicking now.

Mackenzie's eyes flickered up to meet Popes before she ended the call, "Happy"