013. the world's finest wakesetter

Edited June 20, 2023 

THE NEXT MORNING the teens were sat on the 'HMS Pogue,' drifting down the water. The cool breeze helped with the scorching hot weather allowing Mackenzie and Kie to lounge in their bathing suits, both sitting on the edge of the boat. The 3 boys had been shirtless, JJ sitting on the bow and Pope stood next to John B who was driving.

Mackenzie let out a sigh, her eyes closed as she took in the sun that shone down on her body. Her foot was wrapped poorly in a tensor bandage thanks to Kiara. Since the previous night, Mackenzie decided that going home with her injury wouldn't be in her best interest and decided to once again crash on the couch at John B's. Only this time, JJ wasn't with her when she woke up.

JJ whistled, his eyes landing on a boat coming towards them. "You guys see that? That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wake-setter."

Mackenzie opened her eyes, turned her head and lifted her black sunglasses from the brim of her nose to take a look at the boat. 

"Number one in luxury, quality, and performance." JJ nodded, his eyes, as well as his friend's eyes, still glued to the boat. "200k. Easy."

"We picked the wrong parents." Pope rolled his eyes, staring at the expensive boat.

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend." Kie seethed, anger filling the girl's body at the site of her ex-best friend, Sarah.

"Oh." Mackenzie coughed, re-placing her sunglasses in front of her eyes as she watched the rich couple approach them. Of course, it had to have been her ex-best friend and her douche of a boyfriend's boat that the group had been gawking at. That plus the fact that they'd probably report back to her parents about her whereabouts. 

The pair stood in Topper's pricy boat, the boy's arm wrapped around his girlfriend's waist. Sarah pushed her glasses to the top of her head, looking the Pogue's boat up and down before turning her head.

"You don't have to act like you don't see us bitch." Kie called out, a look of hatred spread over her features.

After their encounter with the enemy out in the marsh, the teens piled back into the van to head over to no man's land. The van rolled into Figure Eight, driving with JJ's directions until they reached some hotel.

"Alright, keep a lookout. We're behind enemy lines." JJ announced, grabbing the gun from his pocket.

"Come one man, just put it back." John B attempted to take the gun from the blonde's hand.

"What?" JJ held a tight grip on the weapon. "You can never be too careful."

"Hey, I predict bringing a weapon to a 4-star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve." Pope raised his eyebrows at the boy, leaning on the window frame of the van.

"Thank you, Pope." Added John B. JJ still holding the gun up in his hand, examining it.

"I swear to god, I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean JJ, put it back." Kie shook her head, lecturing the blonde.

Mackenzie walked over to the van window, reaching her arm in and snatching the gun out of the boy's hand. She re-opened the van's side door and threw the gun on one of the seats so that JJ couldn't reach it.

"There you go." Pope cheered the girl on as she walked back over to the window.

"You can't grab a gun like that." JJ sneered at her, rolling his eyes."Whatever. Can't forget my badge." The blonde replied, grabbing a badge off of the dashboard. "Professional busboy."