(smut) 023. most relaxed ive ever seen him

until next chapter: 10 votes / 15 comments

𝗠𝗔𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗡𝗭𝗜𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗞𝗜𝗖𝗞 rocks out of boredom as everyone else franticly slapped the mosquitos away. The girl happened to kick a medium size pebble that rolled before disappearing between a small gap between the wooden floorboards.

Pope's eyes went wide as he exclaimed, "Mackenzie Jones you're a genius."

She wasn't entirely sure what she had done, but she wasn't going to turn down a compliment from the group's true genius. Pope picked up a stone and dropped it down the crack and listened carefully, waiting for it to hit the bottom.

Pope began to frantically move all the spare floorboards."Hey. Help us move this." Pope ordered the three who were still making stupid comments about Skeeters. "Help us move this." He repeated. "Just quiet."

Everyone began to pick up the floor boards, revealing a well. Mackenzie carefully leaned over the edge peering down at a seemingly bottomless pit.

"That's a long drip," She gulped.

A smirk appeared on JJ's face and he wrapped his arm around her waist and picked her up, pretending to throw her down the well. He let out a laugh as the girl frankly flailed in his arms. It wasn't until she let out a lep that JJ quickly moved to cover her mouth and plant her back on the ground.

"No thank you," She mumbled, clinging to his arms.

"Well, well, well," Pope mumbled, shining his torch.

"That was a good dad joke." John B muttered, he was star-struck.

"They built this part of the house right over it." Kie mumbled."

"This is where she hid the bodies." JJ muttered, "Oh dude, come on."

"Stop," Kie whined.

"No, I'm dead serious," JJ said looking at the four, with a blank expression.

"She probably doesn't even know it's here." Kie shrugged, referring to Mrs. Crain.

"So, we found water." Pope pointed out, looking up to John B.

" We're gonna need a really big rope." John B said, looking down.

. . .

Later that day the group found themselves back at the Château. Kie and Mackenzie had been braiding each other's hair on the front porch when John B showed up with Sarah Cameron.

"No effing way," Kie said as the two girl's eyes down Sarah. "You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?"

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Mackenzie narrowed her eyes at the blonde girl. "You always need to have some kind of fucking grasp in my life, don't you? News flash, we're not seven anymore. I don't need you to survive."

John B looked over to Pope and JJ hoping they'd help him. Pope just shrugged, whereas JJ said, "Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share." He pointed.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote." Kie turned to look at John B angrily. "This is our thing. A Pogue thing."

"You already made room for one Kook, who might I add gave up everything for this." Mackenzie pointed out, "Including you, blondie, so fuck off."

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this," Pope spoke up.

"Thank you!" Kie shouted.

"When are you not uncomfortable?" John B questioned looking over to Pope.

"I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably." Pope snapped back.