039. i'm loosing my patience

a/n:  accidentally uploaded with out the ending, whoops. but this is the end of season 2! what are you all looking forward to seeing in season 3? i'm planning on taking a break on this book before season 3 to edit and work on my other obx books. but ty everyone for continuing to support Mackenzie and her ups and downs.

Mackenzie  hadn't seen anyone in quite some time, she'd refused to go to school and she'd also refused to speak to anyone. She was upset, confused, and angry all together. Conflicted about her feelings, and also disgusted by the sheer fact that her now apparent biological half to full brother had been trying to get with her.

Rafe had known, no one had. He felt disgusted himself. 

Yet again, a soft knock from Sutton snapped her out of her thoughts. "Your friends are having bonfire and everyone wants you to come, Kenzie."

"I don't want to go out in public, Sutton. I feel like i don't even know who I am anymore. I mean, I always knew that Melanie wasn't my biological mom, but Alexander? I always wondered how a man could do those things to his child, but now it makes sense because I wasn't his child, I was his best-friends." Melanie mumbled, "Ward isn't much better, but he's a saint compared to Alexander and he just left me there knowing what I was going though."

"I don't know why he left you, Kenzie, I wish I had answers." Sutton said softly, chewing on his lip,"I'm sure he had is reasons. Come on, your annoying friends are waiting for you at there fire."

"Who?"

"John B, Pope, Kiara, and even that blonde one we don't speak about. He's worried about you, I think he cares about you, Kenzie."

. . .

Later that evening Mackenzie found herself at John B's house. John B had an ice pack put on his eye to bring down the swelling that had occurred during a fight that she had missed at a much larger bonfire earlier.

"I've had more black eyes in the last month than I've ever had." Pope spoke, cradling his hand that looked awfully broken.

"I'm literally so hungry." John B groaned jumping forward and unhinging his jaw to eat Kie's food from her hands which made her shout at him and start to slap his bicep.

 "I could eat some nice ass chicken." She hummed.

 "Don't mention killing a chicken!" John B exclaimed standing up as if in the middle of a dramatic monologue.

 "Dude it was Chadwick or us." JJ shrugged.

 "He was special to me okay?" John B pretended to cry and so Kie yanked him downwards to tell him to stop being dramatic. "Hey, hey." John B hushed the group looking into the distance "Somebodies here." He stated.

A man's silhouette emerged into view.

"How y'all doing?" Renfield spoke staggering forward with his hands in the air.

 "Lovely evening were having." Renfield continued to speak, "Look I don't hold a grudge with any of y'all, all right? Especially not with Miss Jones, or is it Cameron now, over there." He teased giving her a sarcastic wave.

 "This can go hard, or this can go easy. You know what we're here for." Renfield spoke and another rustle from the trees came and out stepped a familiar face, "Tell them, Sutton."

"Baby girl, give us the key."Sutton.spoke making direct eye contact with Mackenzie as he stepped forward and everyone caught onto his face.

"Let us give you a demonstration, you see that little swing right there? I got the best bow hunters in the Army Rangers with me. Hidden." Renfield spoke whistling as a bow hurtled through the air and sliced the swing down making everyone step backwards cautiously.