"Happy birthday shithead!"

"I think it's best if I go home, I'll talk to you later Y/N."

Today is the day! I'm turning 16, I've always dreamed of when this day would come since I was a little girl. *Knock* *Knock*
"Come in!" I shouted across the room "Happy birthday sweetie!" My mum said as she hugged me. "Aww thanks mum, I'm going to Tao's after school." She stepped away from me and folded her arms "Is Harry going to be there?" I looked at her with disbelief she really thought he would be at my birthday party, I responded with a slight "no" and continued my makeup.
"Good, if that boy ever goes near you again let me know, same goes for Nick Nelson, if he even thinks about touching you without consent I wi-" I cut her off "Nicks not like that mum. Harry definitely won't be there, that's for sure." She sighed "that's what you said about Harry too and now look where it got you. Detention next week." I rolled my eyes at her, "Mum, IF Nick does ANYTHING which he WON'T I will let you know." I gave her a kiss on the cheek grabbed my backpack and walked downstairs into the kitchen. On the table sat a Chocolate cake with chocolate covered strawberries and red and white frosting. Next to it was a large box and a small bag, which what I'm guessing is a present from my mum and dad.
"I'll be dropping off your present at the arcade and your cake will be at Tao's house, if that's where you'll be after school." Mum said carrying my gifts to the garage. "Okay, I've gotta go to school now. I love you mum!" I said while exiting the house.
//////////
"Hey! Hey! Y/N!" I hear someone yelling my name from behind me.
"Y/N! Hey!." God I know who it is, "Hey Imogen!" I said smiling sarcastically "Are you and Nick Nelson dating?"  "I think so?" She looked me up and down "Oh, okay." She walked away after that. Weird.
When I entered class I noticed Nick wasn't there which is weird because he's always here before me or the same time as me.
As Mr. Trye was doing roll call Nick comes into class late. He's never late. Ever. Once he sits down he doesn't say anything to me until after class.
"Y/N?" He asks "Yeah?" I said smiling at him but I noticed he wasn't smiling and instead had a regret-full look. "Did Imogen talk to you at all today?" He said kind of uncomfortable "Yeah why?" "What did she ask you?" I looked at him weirdly "Just asked if we were together and I told her y-" Nick got up and left in the middle of the sentence, started walking towards the field. "Nick? Where you goin'?" He was too far away to hear me.
/////////
I was done putting away my things so I closed my locker, "Tao! Jesus, you scared me." Tao was standing behind my locker waiting for me. "Happy birthday shithead!" Tao gave me a side hug and put his arm around my shoulder "Thanks Tao," He smiled down at me and started talking about something random. "Do you wanna see some cool dance moves." Tao blurted which made me refocus "No! Tao I think talking about your dead grandmother was better than this!" I said cringing. Tao started to do his twerking dance move he does
"No, Y/N I think this is better!"
"Tao Xu!" I yelled and covered my eyes.
//////////////
Nick POV
I stood in my room trying on different things, I eventually gave up and just went with a zip up jacket and some jeans. I made sure to fix my hair before leaving. "Nicky!" Mum yelled up the stairs "Nicky! Are you ready yet!" I grabbed Y/N's present and walked down the stairs that led into my living room/kitchen.
"Yeah Mum I'm ready!" I told her, we both walked outside and got into the car.
"What's in the bag?" Mum asked "My present for Y/N, I hope she'll like it. I'm worried she won't." Mum squeezed my hand "She's a nice girl I'm sure she'll love it."
Once we got there I gave my mum a kiss on the cheek and said goodbye.
"Y/N!" I said when I saw her, she looked perfect. "Nick! Hey!" She gave me a smile then a hug and we both walked over to where Tao, Elle, Charlie and Issac sat.
"Hey guys, this is Nick Nelson." She introduced me to everyone, "Hi Nick! We're just putting in some fun names into the screen." Issac said, I put in the name my mum always calls me 'Nicky'.
/////////////
"I'm gonna go to the pac-man!" Y/N said,
"Okay, I'm gonna continue bowling with everyone." I told Y/N, I didn't wanna just bombard her so I'm giving her some space.
///////////
Y/N POV
I was playing pac-man when Tao tapped my shoulder.
"Hey Tao!" I smiled at him but he wasn't smiling he honestly looked grumpy.
"Y/N, You need to stop whatever you doing with Nick Nelson."
"What why?" He looked around I guess to make sure no one would hear him.
"He's going on a date with someone else. I just thought you should know." I stopped smiling and looked at him.
"Are you sure, maybe it was someone else?"
"Me and Elle over heard him talking to his mates, Imogen asked him on a date." I looked at him with hurt in my eyes.
"No-, Nick he-he wouldn't do that." Tao put his hand on my shoulder.
"You can continue with Nick if you want, but if he hurts you anymore or bully's you I'll-" I cut him off
"Murder him?"
"Well I was gonna say a very aggressive DM, but murder works too."
//////////////

Ahhh!! Hope you enjoyed!! I love you all so much❤️❤️