"You're not going to UNI?"

2 days 2 hours and 7 minutes till I graduate

I was released from the hospital about 2 days ago, I have to go to therapy and a rehabilitation center but I should be able to still graduate, I hope anyway.
"Y/N, hey. Wake up." Nick's soft voice played through my ears like music, making me even more tired.
"Wake up, Y/N!" Nick shook my shoulder in annoyance.
"Mhm?" I hummed
"It's time for school." Nick said pulling the blanket off of me. I rolled onto my back and sighed, I was fully awake now, I got out of bed and threw on my normal outfit.

Entering Truham after not being there for so long was weird, everyone was staring at me, whispering things to other people, some taking pictures. But I had Nick with me helping me the whole way through.
"Good morning Truham Grammar I hope everyone is okay, and not cutting away at their time. Hahah get it?" The joke, I'm guessing was a reference to me because everyone in class looked at me and down at my arm, legs and stomach. I shifted uncomfortably in my chair, Nick grabbed my hand and squeezed it. He leaned to whisper in my ear.
"It'll be okay, just ignore everyone okay?" I nodded squeezing his hand even tighter.
The day went on per usual, I'd get a couple glances from teachers and other guys but I didn't really mind.

As I lay in bed that night, I think about the past 12 years of my life being stuck in a on going cycle, in 2 days finally being freed from the chaos.

1 day 1 hour and 3 minutes

I was woke out of bed by my alarm blaring in my ear for me to get up and get ready for school.
Only 1 more full day of school, and then I'll be graduating. I'll be done with school until the fall where I go to UNI and then suffer 4 more excruciating years, but it's all okay because I'll have Nick right by my side through it all.
I arrived at school to be greeted by Charlie and Tao, Charlie smiling as they stood by my side. Tao on the other hand, he wasn't smiling, as normal.
"Why are you so smiley today?" I looked at Charlie smiling sheepishly at him.
"I'm just happy to see my best friend go off into the unknown world and live her dream as a doctor..." He paused for a moment, "or was it a teacher, no I think it was a journalist." I just laughed in response, I then spoke to Tao this time, "and Mr. Xu? Why aren't you smiling on such a lovely last full day of school?" He looked at me and sighed, opening his mouth to speak.
"After August, we won't see you for 4 years. You'll be out in the scary unknown world, without us. Then next year it'll just be me, Issac and Charlie. All alone. I guess I'm just a little sad and nervous at the same time I'm happy for you." He had just admitted all of that to me and Charlie rather quickly, not really giving us anytime to process what he said. He quickly left my side, walking to his locker.
"Well, I'd better head to my locker as well then. I'll see you later Y/N!" Charlie shouted that last part while walking away towards his locker as well.

"Alright class! This is your last full day of school, for most of you it's the last day of school until you're off on your own. So that means..." mr. Gibbs said smiling. "Pull out your books to chapter 67 and begin reading." His smile, along with everyone else's, dropped after he spoke. I sighed pulling out my book flipping to chapter 67 and began reading, until something touched my leg. It just so happened to be Nicks leg leaning against mine. Nick was trying to get my attention.
"What?" I leaned over, whispering as lightly as possible.
"I need to talk to you after class, it's super important." He whispered with a stern tone, what could possibly be that serious that he needed to talk about after class.

As I exited the class room I spotted Nick standing up against the wall, he was fidgeting with his hands. Weird.
"Hey, what'd you need. Is everything okay?" I said pulling my hair behind my ear. He took a long deep breath before speaking.
"I've been thinking a lot lately, about UNI and...and I've come to conclusion.." he paused once more, this time he looked at me, right into my eyes.
"I'm not going to UNI." My heart dropped and I could feel my face grow red.
"You're not going to UNI?" He just continued to stare at me, like what he just said didn't matter.
"After all the plans we've made to try our hardest to be closer in college. You just threw them away. Why?" I stepped back away from him. "I mean I respect your decision but, you could've told me before we made plans." I tightened my grip on my strap if my bag and looked at Nick before walking away.
"Y/N, c'mon it's not that big of a deal! You're over reacting!" Nick yelled from the end of the hallway. I turned around and walked back to him, I looked him dead in the eyes, tears filling my own.
"It's not that big of a deal? Really? I'm going to be 4 fucking hours away from you and all of my other friends and family, 4 hours Nick! We had this all planned out, we were going to the same college together. And you decided to drop out right before we go off." My voice bounced off the empty walls of the now empty corridor and echoed all around us.
"You think I don't know that? I love that your going off the do what you want, you deserve what's best for you after all you've been through...but," he looked at me, tears filling his eyes now as-well.
"But, I... the things I want to do in my future aren't available at Brightons UNI. All the things I want to do and...and maybe even more are in Paris, France." He stopped talking and we looked at each other tears running down our faces. I finally spoke in a low quiet voice.
"Paris, F-France? You're moving to Paris? That's like 8 and a half hours away! You'd rather be in another country, almost half a day away than be 4 hours away?" He slowly nodded without any verbal response.
"All I want is for you to be happy, but I'm not sure I want to handle long distance. It'll be to much pressure on top of being at UNI." Nicks voice became shaky and uneven.
"So...so you're breaking up with me?" He sounded different, not like himself.
"I'll always love you, but being 8 and a half hours away we're bound to fall apart at some point. So why not do it before the distance does? Right?" I said, I leaned in for one last kiss before walking out the doors tears still running down my face, I couldn't see where I was going. Everything was blurry. I faintly heard a horn and tires screeching.

Then Everything went black.

So, it saddens me to announce that this book has come to an end :( it's been an amazing journey! Thank you for all the love and support y'all have shown❤️it truly means the world to me. I hope you will continue to enjoy my other stories as much as you enjoyed this one.
I love you all so so so fucking much🤍
Have a great rest of your summer. Make sure you eat and drink something if you haven't already today. Mwahhh😙😙Goodbyeeee