Is this goodbye?

Graduation was supposed a good thing for Nick, but he only hated it now. It was supposed to be the best time for Y/N. It reminded him of his mistake, the thing that caused Y/N...
He looked at his reflection in the bathroom mirror, the same one him and Y/N did face masks, where Y/N did her makeup and he would watch her apply her mascara and her lipgloss. Tears streamed down his face. A blank expression, just tears.
A knock sounded through the bathroom door, the voice of Nicks mother, Sarah, could be heard.

"Nicky. We have to go soon, please come out you've been in there for the past 20 minutes." Nick sighed, wiping his tears and fixing his hair. He opened the cupboard door, something on the shelf caught his eye. It was the bracelet Y/N always wore, she never took it off. It was strange why it was in the cupboard and not with Y/N.
He decided to put it on in honor of Y/N.

The car ride to the school was painfully quiet. The only sounds that could be heard were the cars passing by and his mums beautiful humming, it reminded Nick of when times were better before the person he loved, Y/N, had died.
Upon arrival Nick and his mum had been greeted by Elle and her family. Sympathy burned into the room as Nick entered, he hated all the attention, he hated not having Y/N by his side. He hated not being able to save her. He hated himself.

"Good evening students, today is a very special day. Class of 2021, year 13. Is celebrating their last year as a secondary school student. Before we begin I would like to make an announcement, a very kind hearted, caring, funny, inquisitive friend Y/N Y/L/N passed just a few days ago. She will be missed dearly...." Nick tuned out everyone else until his name was called.
Walking to get his diploma was something he'd wanted for years now, but the presence in the room doesn't feel the same without Y/N.

Nicks life would never be the same....