Chapter 10: Diamond

*SIX MONTHS LATER*

I layed there in bed barely awake and thinking about everything that's happened and everything that's going to happen. Its been six months since my dad abused me and I moved in with Andy and his family. I've graduated now and I'm turning 18 today.

"Rikki! Time to wake up!" shouted Amy from downstairs.

"UGH!! I just graduated last week and you're making me wake up early? What the hell man?!" I replied tiredly.

"Oh quit complaining! We have a surprise for you so hurry up and get down here!"

I ended up dozing off a minute later. Next thing I knew, I'm laying there and Andy came running in and jumped on top of me and shook the whole bed.

"WAAAKEEEE UUUUPPPPPP SLEEEEEEPY HEAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!" he shouted while shaking the bed.

"UUUGGGHHH!!! WHYYYYYY ANDYYYYYY???" I said tired and groggy.

"Cause we have a surprise for you! So geeeeeett uuuuuupppp!!!!!!"

"Fiiiiiiiiiiiine!!"

He got up off me and stood by my bed with his arms crossed.

"Do you mind? I kinda need to get dressed." I said

"I don't care. Nothing I haven't already seen." He replied

"Oh whatever!"

I got up out of my bed in just my underwear. Andy still stood there. I turned so my back was towards him and took off my PJ shirt and put my bra on. I turned back around and he was still standing there. I grabbed a shirt and pants out of the closet and put them on.

"You ready now?" he asked nagging me.

"Yes, Andy."

He opened my bedroom door for me and we walked out. We went downstairs and into the dining room. On the table I saw one seat that had food in front of it. In front of that seat, there was a plate with eggs, pancakes and sausage on it, plus an extra small plate with some toast.

"Thank you guys! You know you didn't have to do this, right?" I said.

"Yea we know. Its your birthday, we wanted to do this for you." said Amy with a smile.

"Well, are you gonna eat it or what?" asked Andy excitedly.

"Nah, I'm going on a diet."

"Come on!!!" he begged.

"I'm just kidding!! Of course I'll eat it!"

Andy pulled the chair out for me and I sat down.

**

After breakfast Andy and I went to what we called, 'our spot'. It was this small pond that he found not too far away from the house and still on our property. We sat there on the bench just looking off into the distance. I began to doze off when Andy got up. I popped up and he stood there in front of the bench.

He took my hand and got down on one knee. He pulled out this little black velvet box. I put my free hand over my mouth in shock. When he opened the box, it revealed a beautiful diamond ring.

"Rikki Alexandria Carson, I want you to be in my life forever and me in yours. I never want to lose you to anyone else. I know its a bit soon and I know we're young, that's why I'm willing to wait as long as you want me to. So, will you marry me?" he asked.

Andy's POV

Rikki began to doze off on my shoulder. I got up and she popped her head up. My hart began to pound. Faster and faster. Soon enough I felt like it was going to pound right out of my chest. I took a deep breath and gulped. I grabbed her hand and got down on one knee. I pulled the small, black, velvet box out of my pocket. She put her other hand over her mouth in shock and began tearing up. I opened up the box to reveal the ring.