Chapter 18: Fire

*A Week Later*

It was a rainy afternoon and I was laying on the couch watching TV. Andy was at the store for groceries so I was home by myself. I began dozing off when suddenly there was a clap of thunder that woke me up. I'm terrified of thunderstorms which only makes this 10 times worse. I try to drown it out but it doesn't work. I turn the TV up, I focus in on the TV more, but nothing seems to be working.

A moment later, I heard a car door shut from outside. I looked out my apartment window to the parking lot and Andy was getting groceries out of the trunk to bring in. I propped open the apartment door and walked down the few flights of stairs to the building doors. I opened up the doors for Andy and he walked in and up to the apartment while I went out to the car to help carry things in. As I reached the apartment, Andy was standing at the door ready to take the bags from me.

"Babe, you shouldn't be carrying these in. You can wait in here, I don't want you to hurt your back because some of the bags are heavy." Andy said with concern in his voice.

"I'll be fine, Andy. I can take care of myself." I replied as Andy set the bags on the counter.

We both headed back outside, into the pouring rain to carry in more bags.

"I know you will and I know you can, I just worry about you and the babies. I don't want anything to happen to you guys." he said, grabbing bags.

"I get that, but I'll be okay. You know me, I'm not weak and helpless."

"I know you're not, but I still worry about you guys. Especially with the fact that you're not just pregnant with one baby, but two. So that makes it even harder."

After a few minutes of a minor argument and carrying in bags, we finally got everything carried in and put away.

"See, Andy, I'm fine. Like I said I'm not weak and helpless." I said.

He sighed and sat on the couch. I sat next to him and he put his arm around me. As I inhaled I could smell something odd on Andy's clothes.

"Andy, why do you smell like smoke?" I said, anger in my voice.

"I had a smoke outside before I came in. I didn't think it would be a big deal." he replied as if he was already irritated with me.

"Well it is a big deal. Especially if you do it around me. It can hurt all of us. You, me, the kids."

"I know, I'm sorry I've just been stressed out lately and I thought it would help ease some of it."

"Well even if it does help to ease some of the stress, its not good for your health and its not good for me or the kids either."

"I know"

"Clearly you don't because if you did then you wouldn't be doing it in the first place."

I leaned away from him and saw him roll his eyes at me.

"And don't roll your eyes at me either, Andrew. This is serious. My grandpa used to smoke all the time, that's all I ever knew of him was the smell of smoke before he died when I was 5. I don't want that to happen with you and our kids." I said really starting to get frustrated by this.

"Its not going to happen. It was only a one time thing." he replied, not even looking at me.

"Andrew Biersack, it can very well happen whether you want to admit it or not. You can say it was a 'one time thing' all you want, but you can very easily get addicted to it and not be able to quit very easily. And once you're addicted it will eat you alive from the inside out."