Chapter 19: Recovery

*The Next Morning*

Andy's POV

I woke up the next morning and rolled over to find and empty bed. I thought about what happened last night and remember her running out on me and never coming back. I got up and went out to the living room, hoping she would be there.

When I got out there I saw an empty couch, with only a few pillows and a blanket resting on it. With a disappointed sigh, I wondered where she could be. Maybe she went to stay with Jake or Ash? I went back into my room and grabbed my phone, dialling Jake's number.

"Hey, Andy. What's up?" he asked as he picked up the phone.

"Not much, is Rikki staying with you?" I replied, hoping for a yes.

"Um no. She hasn't been here. Why? Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, we had a fight last night and she walked out on me and she hasn't come back yet."

"Oh okay, gotcha. Well try Ash. She might be there."

"Yeah I hope so, thanks for the help, Jake."

"Of course. I hope you find her."

"Thanks" I said and hung up the phone.

I dialled Ash's number and it rang.

"Mmm...hello?" said Ash on the other line, sounding like he just woke up.

"Hey, Ash. Its Andy. Sorry to wake you, but is Rikki at your place or has she stopped by at all since last night?" I asked.

"No, she's not here. Why is she missing or something?"

"Well not yet. We had a fight last night and she walked out on me and she hasn't been back yet."

"Yeah she has a habit of walking away from bad situations. Have you tried Jake?" I began to get worried.

"Yeah I just got off the phone with him. She's not there either."

"Hmm. Well, she wouldn't have gone back home. It would trigger a-"

"Home" I said cutting off Ash. "She might be at my house, with my parents. Thanks, Ash."

"Sure..?" he replied in a confused tone just before I hung up the phone.

I called my house phone and Ivan picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ivan. Its Andy. Is Rikki there? Or did she stop by last night?" I asked, hopeful.

"Umm...well..." he said and his voice trailed off.

I heard a sound as if the phone was being passed from one person to another.

"Andy?"

As soon as I heard the voice, I could tell it was Rikki on the other end of the line.

"Oh my god Rikki are you okay? You worried me. I promise you, I do care about my, your and our kids' health. I never meant the things I said last night. I swear to you I love you no matter what. I'm so sorry for everything" I said beginning to tear up, thinking she wasn't going to forgive me.

"Andy, its okay. Honestly. I love you more than anything. Now how about I come back home and we can talk about this, okay?"

"Okay, baby. I'll see you in a bit. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Andy. See you in a few." She hung up the phone and I let out a sigh of relief as my watery eyes shed a tear.

Rikki's POV

I heard Ivan talking on the phone to someone and went into the living room where he was.

"Who is it?" I whispered.

"Andy." he mouthed to me.

"Umm...well..." he said into the phone.

"Can I talk to him please?"

He gave me that Are you sure about this? look.

"Please?" I whispered, practically begging to take the phone.

He nodded and handed me the phone.

"Andy?" I said into the phone.

When he began talking I could tell he was worried about me. We talked for a minute and I decided that I would head back to the apartment so we could talk about everything face to face.

I put the phone down and went into the dining room where Chris and Amy were eating breakfast.

"I just got off the phone with Andy. I think I'm gonna go home so we can talk about everything face to face. Thank you guys for taking care of me last night. I really appreciate it." I said.

"Of course, sweetie. You guys should talk things out." said Amy.

"She's right. And we'll always be here for you if you need something. Even if you and Andy break up, we'll still be here for you." said Chris. "Ow!" he yelped and Amy shot him a glare.

"Not saying that's going to happen or anything. I just mean hypothetically." he said again with the that's not what I meant, I swear kind of tone in his voice.

I giggled thanked them and went back into the living room. Ivan was sitting on the couch watching TV. I went over to him and he stood up.

"Are you going back home?" He asked.

"Yeah. Andy and I need to talk things through. Thank you, Ivan. If you didn't find me, who knows what could have happened to me out there." I replied, hugging him.

"Of course. I'm your brother and I always will be. Just let me know if he ever does something like this again. I'll kick his ass for you, okay?"

"Okay, Ivan. Thanks again." I broke the hug and walked out the door and over to the pond where my car still was from last night.

**

I walked up the stairs and to the apartment door. When I got there I unlocked it and when I walked it, I saw Andy sitting on the couch looking nervous and paranoid. His leg was shaking and he had his face buried in his hands.

"Andy?" I said when I walked in.

As soon as I got in the door, he practically jumped off the couch, ran over to me and took me in his arms.

"I'm so so sorry for everything that happened. I love you and our kids more than anything in the world. I promise you, I'll try my damndest to stop smoking and this will never happen again. I swear it to you. I love you so much, Rikki. Please don't leave me. You're my everything. I can't...I can't lose you. Not now not ever." he was burying his face into my shoulder and I could feel him beginning to cry.

I wrapped my arms around him and held him tight.

"Andy, I'm not going anywhere. I promise. I love you so much. You mean everything to me and I'm not going to be able to raise these kids without you. I'm not going to leave you. I'm sorry for walking out and worrying you so much. I didn't want things to go any worse than what they already were. I love you so much" I replied, holding him close to me.

"Rikki, you have nothing to be sorry about. Its my fault. I'm the one who said you could leave, and so you did. I'm so sorry Rikki."

"Andy, stop apologizing. Its alright. I'm here now and I'm not going anywhere. Not without you. I promise."

I smiled and he pulled away, with his arms still around my waist while mine were around his shoulders. He smiled at me and I kissed him.

We broke the kiss and he sat on the couch while I went back into our room so I could change into something else. Once I finished changing I came into the living room with him and we watched Tim Burton's, 'Beetlejuice.'

The only things we did for the rest of the day was chill out at home and watch movies together, which was much needed for both of us.