Chapter 2: Nurse's Office

*A Week Later*

Rikki's POV

Over the past week at school, I've talked to Andy a little bit more each day. Now he's kind of grown more fond of our school and the people here.

I walked out of my fourth period and saw that there was a group of about three guys by a few lockers. They seemed to be interested in something over there. I got a little bit closer to see a head of black hair and black clothing. Once I could get close enough, I could tell and there was no doubt in my mind, that was Andy.

Andy was sitting in front of the lockers using his arms and hands as a shield. I could see some blood dripping down his pants from his arms, head, hands, and face.

I ran over to them and pulled one of the guys out of the group.

"Hey! Get the fuck away from him!" I said.

"Oh really? And what are you going to do about it? Are you going to fight me or something? Hah! I can take down a puny little girl like you, easy!" said who appeared to be the guy in charge of this little 'gang'.

"Rikki! No! Don't get yourself involved! This is my fight, not yours! I don't want to see you get hurt!" shouted Andy.

"Well maybe I just won't waist my time on you anymore and I'll switch punching bags." said the bully as he cracked his knuckles.

I stood there and waited for something to happen. That's when he punched me. Hard. Right in the middle of the hallway where everyone could see, not to the side where no one was paying attention, but right in the middle of the hallway. No one around us to block anyone's view, just his fist colliding with my face.

"RIKKI!" Andy shouted.

"No, Andy. I'm fine." I said looking the opposite direction that he punched me.

"After that hit, a puny weak-link like you is still standing? You're stonger than I thought."

I just stood there waiting for someone to do something. Whether the bully punched me again, another student stood up for me, or even if a teacher got involved.

I heard a slight gasp from the side and on the corner of my eye, I saw someone running to a classroom. Not a moment later, I saw a student and a teacher walking out of the classroom. It was the science teacher, Mr. Dowell.

"Hey what's going on out here?!" he shouted getting closer and closer to us.

I looked back up and over at Andy. He was still on the floor, but with his face in his knees.

"You okay, Rikki?"

"Yea, I'm fine. Its Andrew over there you should be worrying about." I said pointing to Andy by the lockers.

"Let me call the principal first."

Mr. Dowell walked back into his classroom and called the principal. He walked out of his classroom and went over to Andy. A minute or so later, the principal, school nurse, and the guidance councilor were at the scene.

The nurse began to look at the spot that he punched me, but I told her to just go over to Andy and not worry about me, and she did.

Andy's POV

I've been getting bullied at this school ever since I came here about a week ago. Now that Rikki stood up for me and helped me out, I think that it will stop.

"You're Andrew Biersack, right?" asked the nurse.

"Yep, that's me." I replied.

"Alright, let's head over to my office so we have better lighting to see how bad those injuries are."