00: letting go; my biggest regret

jisung feels a little empty. perhaps it's because he hadn't filled his stomach this morning while on his way to work, which of course, wasn't good at all, but he felt too nauseous in the morning to take something into his belly. he was also known for being stubborn.

he used to have this streak where he'd leave the house feeling at his best, fresh from a full term of sleep and satisfied with a full stomach- he'd be singing his heart out in the car with a smile on his face, cursing whenever another vehicle would honk him out of his trance.

it was fun. he missed those times.

however, it was best if he'd let it all go now.

minho wasn't here anymore to keep him in check.

he didn't like that thought. he didn't like that fact. he didn't like that it was the reality.

the moment he said those parting words to him, he readied himself for the upcoming journey without minho. he prepared himself to wake up every single morning with the left side of his bed empty and cold. he made sure to make a mental note to himself to get groceries to fill up the shelves because no one else was there to do it anymore. he readied himself for the ache in his chest- the stabbing pain in his chest he couldn't get rid of no matter what he did because all han jisung thought about was lee fucking minho.

he had time to prepare himself before hand. after all, he was the one who broke up with minho.

yet he is still sure that he is the only one out of the two who unrequitedly thinks about the other. at work, during dinner, whenever he drives, brushing his teeth, walking along the street-

the thought of his ex couldn't escape him.

and he felt so pathetic for it. fuck. he parted their relationship and yet, he was the one moping over the guy like he had just cheated on him by knocking up some random person.

it wasn't any of that, it was far from that.

it was all because jisung couldn't get what he wanted during their relationship.

the reassurance of a mating bond.

he couldn't get that from minho.

so he left;

stupidly.

it was the worst thing he's done in his life.

and so even with his heavy chest- even with those sleepless nights that caused him to feel all lightheaded and dejected the next day-

jisung told himself that he deserved it.

he almost wasn't the same person anymore.