announcement

regarding future updates for this book (06/08/23)

hi readers—

first of all, i want to thank you all for showing so much support for this book; i love the comments you guys leave on each chapter and appreciate all the votes too. they do motivate me to write more as i figured you all enjoy this book as much as i enjoy writing it. however, recently, i haven't been able to find any motivation at all to write the next chapter for this book. the last update was last month but i still haven't gotten a single word for the next chapter written.

i've been thinking about it lately but i think i would feel more comfortable if i stopped updating this story altogether; trust me, i love this story and everything about it and i have been dying to finish this book already like seriously it's so annoying that i just can't bring myself to write out the final chapters for this book. i think it's because i've stuck with it for too long that i just got bored of writing super long chapters that i can't control the word count of because i feel like it would be too rushed.

i also want to write other things and focus mainly on oneshots because you guys enjoy them the most.

so to let myself do just that without worrying about when i should update this book or not, i will discontinue the story as of now. who knows— i may find some random motivation later on, but i just wanted to let you guys know since i know you guys are waiting for the next update.

i started this book last year and i still don't know how i haven't been able to finish it 😭 i'm so sorry you guys. i really wanted to finish this story because i had a lot planned for it. but there's probably a small chance i will continue to write out the last chapters.

if a while has passed and i still haven't written anything, just let me know if you'd like to read a short summary of the final chapters of must've been a deadly kiss. and yes, it was planned a happy ending so lmk if you want to know what went down.

i def loved the angst in this, and i will be writing more of it. i will probably never write actual stories again and just focus on oneshots as they are more convenient to write in my opinion. and i was planning on unpublishing it since i feel like it would irritate me to see an unfinished/discontinued work on my profile. but of course i will keep it up if you guys want to read it still.

once again, i apologize to everyone who had been anticipating the next update </3 i ask for everyone's understanding.

— jaya x

6/19 update: epilogue in the works, will be a major time skip so it's reasonable to skip if it doesn't make sense