17: only love could hurt like this

much kisses xxx

jisung's stomach fills with more dread as he approaches the front door to felix and hyunjin's house, trailing behind changbin and seungmin, the smaller omega hanging onto both of the backs of their shirts.

of course he had no problem being here, for the sake of his new friends. it would really be messed up of him to skip out on one of their big days, all because he had some stupid excuse not to come. he just didn't expect this day to come so fast.

today, he would try to talk things out with minho. well, that is, if he manages to stay strong through it all and not chicken out. he tends to back out of things at the last minute despite all the planning. it's just apart of his skittish nature.

he doesn't know how tonight is going to go exactly and how he is going to approach his ex-boyfriend at all, but oh well.

whatever happens, happens.

changbin reaches a hand up and raps his knuckles against the wood of the door. they could already hear faint voices inside, and could even make out the boisterous laughter of the one and only chan. footsteps quickly made their way to the door and it swings wide open, the action finally revealing the soft bass of music playing in the background.

felix answers the door, so lively and cheery. he has, what could they could only assume, his nth can of alcohol in his small hand.

"welcome!" he practically announces their arrival to the whole block, which obviously happy with their presence. "come in! we don't have time to waste!" felix grabs changbin by the arm, because he's closest, and seungmin and jisung share a look before following them inside.

"sorry about this one," hyunjin apologizes with a sheepish smile as he comes up to his boyfriend and holds him by his waist to stop him from hollering any further nonsense, "he's a little bit hyper and we're barely into the night."

"that's okay." seungmin smiles subtly. "he has the right to be this energetic. was it... five years?"

the alpha pauses and his smile grows, affirming with a nod.

"yup. five years with this crazy thing."

jisung casts a glance at the couple they're celebrating tonight, catching when hyunjin presses a sweet kiss against felix's flushed cheek. something unwanted swirls in his stomach. something unsettling and uncomfortable. he dismisses it with a small smile kept to himself to mask any emotions that might've made its way to his face.

the house owners lead them towards the living room, where the conversations grow louder. when they are finally in view of the rest of the group, chan stands up first with his signature smile to greet each of them. jeongin stands up from the couch and also gives a friendly wave and next to him, minho...

jisung shouldn't feel surprised when he is the first person minho locks eyes with. he's still sitting on the couch, frozen with his drink in his hand and his mouth is slightly agape and his eyes seem like he isn't expecting his presence at all. but because the omega just can't handle such tension, he quickly averts his gaze and smiles crookedly at jeongin instead, aware of how minho's stare never dies down.

"guys, i'm so happy you came! you guys are so fun so i just had to invite you over to celebrate with the rest of us." felix cheers and hands them all new cups and shot glasses.

"well, we're flattered that you guys like us." changbin chuckles and gladly accepts when chan pours him a drink. seungmin lets the alpha do the same and he nudges jisung, causing the omega to look up frantically.

"huh? oh, no thank you." he shakes his head and smiles kindly.

"what??? what do you mean? but we haven't gotten the chance to see you all loosened up yet!" chan frowns, jutting his lip out in exaggeration. jisung grins in response.