05: you still show that you care; do you?

it's even worse in the hotel lobby. jisung could practically feel eyes on him— he could feel them almost eating and tugging at him that it causes him to squirm.

minho notices. jisung stands dejectedly beside him, keeping his body as small as possible. the taller sighs, almost giving the receptionist a death stare as he took his time behind that monitor.

"is there anything yet?"

the male looks up, almost startled. "uh, just trying to check for any rooms since you didn't reserve beforehand..."

minho's glare on the obviously pressured male lingers before he turns away with an eye roll. his eyes are on jisung again, who he is sure is absolutely dreading his situation right now.

"excuse me, erm, sir..."

"what?"

"i- uh, just a suggestion, but if he is going through his cycle right now, i think a room up in the higher levels would be necessary since... his scent... is really strong..." the male receptionist trails off with a slight squeak at the end.

minho's head tilts. "what makes you think i don't want a room up there already?"

"w-well... our most expensive rooms and suites are up there and it might not be recommended for one who may be tight on budget."

the ravenette sighs, coming in with his pointer and thumb to pinch the bridge of his nose, because his mind is in swirls right now. he reaches into his pocket, flimsily, before he takes his wallet out, his movements uncoordinated as he slides a card, a sleek black, across the counter with a slight slam.

"that won't be a problem for me. now, please get me a room. right now." he makes sure he gets his impatience across, sending him a cutting smile. the receptionist easily receives it and nods hastily, getting right to work.

"on it, sir!"

jisung fiddles with the too-long sleeves of the coat put on him. his breath hitches when a light hand lands on his backside, soothing the surface of his lower back in an all-too familiar motion. honestly, the subtle touch causes his heart to jump pathetically. he blames it on his inner instincts.

the hand leaves jisung's back, disappointedly. "thank you." minho mutters not too sincerely. the poor receptionist bows, almost bending his back into a perfect 90° angle before the ravenette excuses him. he takes the room card in his hand and with the other, doesn't hesitate to thread his fingers through some of jisung's warmer ones.

taking the elevator up isn't easier. minho wants them to ride alone, having everyone get into one before them because he does not trust what they might do to the omega in his pre-heat if they were in an enclosed space.

jisung's fever has sparked up tremendously. he doesn't seem to care or barely notice that their hands are locked together. minho feels the palm of his head heat up by the minute. security isn't difficult to get through, they immediately understand since the top floors are mostly reserved for unexpected heats or ruts, or just for anyone to spend their cycle in an isolated area.

it definitely isn't something you can just purchase out of your pocket.

jisung shudders as the air conditioning hits him right in the face. the door slams behind them and it's quiet between them. they don't seem to feel the need to really get words out. the omega feels the awkwardness seeping right through him, as well as the anticipation and curiousness.

minho shouldn't stay here for too long. an omega's pheromones are enough to drive any alpha insane and he should leave jisung alone soon. that is, unless he wants to help him.