01: you still make my heart flutter and it feels wrong

when jisung arrives at the flower shop - on time thankfully, - he finds his co-worker running the counter. the other male perks up upon the small omega's presence, worn and dreaded. jisung meets seungmin's eyes with just a little bit of light hanging in his eyes. seungmin visibly frowns.

"hey seung, i didn't oversleep today," jisung says, proud, as he comes around the counter. the quieter omega watches him carefully, as if he were fragile. jisung sets his bag in his designated cubby and grabs onto his waist apron, tying it neatly around his waist.

"did we sell a lot so far? the marigolds seem to be popular this season," jisung hums as he takes a look at one of the flower arrangements on display, fixing the bow tied to the pastel colored vase. the brunette turns to seungmin with a head tilt. "seung?"

seungmin blinks a few times, clearing his throat when jisung catches him spacing out. he sits up from the stool he was sat on, averting his sympathetic gaze.

"you are right, uhm, the marigolds- seems like they're really fit for this year's fall, yeah," seungmin trails off with a whisper, clenching his fist around a pen. jisung is looking at him with clueless and big eyes, his lips pursed as he nods slowly.

"okay..." jisung turns around and starts to clock in. afterwards, he disappears further into the shop, probably to check their stock and if any of the flowers needed more water. seungmin chews at his lip, clearly feeling the pity strongly whenever he watched jisung work like he was completely normal.

seungmin knows about his break up with minho. he remembers the day about ten months ago when jisung walked into the shop- no smile on his face, no greeting, nothing. it was a red flag, of course.

it was like nothing ever happened to him in the first place, but seungmin could feel the anxiety and tension radiating around jisung's short figure. he didn't like it- he was sure it was much worse for his friend though.

that's how he approached jisung- he asked him if he was feeling well because he didn't even look normal either. of course, he shrugged it off the first few times, but everyone has a breaking point.

the two spent the last few hours of the day talking over a shared pint of ice cream in the closed flower shop. it was nice. jisung was glad he had at least someone to comfort him, even though he knew he was the one who let go of his happiness.

everyone just needed a hug sometimes- some decisions weren't always the easiest to make.

recovery mode for jisung wasn't as bad as expected. maybe it was because he was good at keeping his emotions to himself or rather, because he was distracting himself from the break up. seungmin didn't really know. all he knew was that regret and downheartedness still lingered around jisung.

"hey seungmin, do you think we should arrange anemones outside? just to change up the entrance a bit?" jisung asks as he writes something onto his clipboard, muttering to himself. seungmin acknowledges the thought with a slight nod.

"yeah. we have a lot of anemones in stock for some reason and they might go bad if we leave them in the dark. just make sure they're under some shade."

"okay!" jisung smiles as he tucks a pen into the pocket of his apron. he pushes a cart of flowers to the side and faces seungmin.

"do you mind helping me with-"

jisung is immediately cut off in his speech when his whole body freezes abruptly. his feet are grounded in place and it feels like he can't move. his heart starts to beat abnormally faster and he's too late to act when a bell chimes, signifying the door opening.

his head turns first. he shouldn't have done that, fuck. but he does it out of instinct. he spots that all so familiar head of black hair on top of a taller figure and he could feel his throat tightening. what the fuck? why- why is he here? what's worse is that he still can't fucking move. he just watches, foolishly and dumbly.