15: let this be our lesson in love

10 MONTHS EARLIER

it was an average day for jisung. he had just come from closing up the flower shop and he was on his way to the the cafè just off of the corner of the street. it was nearing mid-november, and everyone seemed to be settling into the holiday season. with warmth and joy, with large smiles on faces and love to share.

jisung's favorite holiday is christmas. he loves the celebration and the energy it has to offer. he especially loves smiling and spreading that winter vibe, so it'd be expected of him to be super squealy and excited this time around.

except, he wasn't.

he treated it like any normal day. he walked past christmas displays and chocolate shops, as if it were all just apart of his background.

he didn't have time to even look back and take a few of his favorite candy samples. he didn't even bother greeting those who worked in the plaza.

he was not himself.

both mentally and physically.

he had been a mess for the past few days. ever since what had occurred just a few days prior, it is safe to say that he had been living his past days filled with an undeniable sense of dread.

jisung rounds the corner to get to the front of the cafè, avoiding customers that exit through the door. the smell of freshly roasted coffee beans seep through his nose as he walks in, a bunch of other foreign scents accompanied with it.

his eyes scan the shop wearily until they land on a familiar figure, sitting and tucked away into the corner of the cafè. jisung takes a deep breath in and one long one right out, and he made his way to where his boyfriend was sitting.

minho was occupied with his phone when he approached him. his work tie was loosened and his coat was draped over the chair he sits in, which left him in just a simple white dress shirt and black slacks combo.

jisung pulled his chair back to signify his arrival and simply hung his bag onto the corner of it. he felt minho's eyes on him in a second and he sat down in front of him, grabbing the menu in his cold hands to briefly scan over the food items they had to offer.

"how was work?"

jisung doesn't look up when minho speaks, voice fairly normal but void of that usual cheeriness to it.

"good." the omega responded bluntly, casually flipping through the pages of the menu as he let out a small sigh.

"and your day?" minho asked a question again, and jisung knew he was staring at him dead in the eyes to get his attention; to get his eyes to even look at him for just a damn second.

jisung let out a bored huff again, even going as far as to rest his cheek onto the palm of his hand, letting minho's question linger around in the air for a second before a he replied again.

"it was normal." he replied thinly. though nothing about today and yesterday and the day before and the day before that has been considered normal.

jisung kept his head down and eyes glued to nothing in particular on the menu in front of him. he felt minho's eyes piercing right through the top of his head. a heavy silence surrounded them for a few more seconds before minho eventually dismissed the behavior. he waved down the waitress and they took their orders to have an early dinner together.

it was like this whenever both of them had free schedules. they would eat lunch or dinner together, as sometimes their jobs did not allow them to be as free for eachother. they would go upon each of their days without wasting a single second of their precious time together.