20: all i need

FOUR AND A HALF YEARS EARLIER

sometimes, parties got too overwhelming for the so-called party animals, too. it was the constant need to entertain everyone around you that overstimulated them the most, and it was bound to get tiring at one point.

that is why minho found himself standing outside on his front porch, outside his own party. the constant booming and bass of music had gotten too annoying a bit further into the night, and all he really wanted at that point was the comfort of silence and tranquility.

minho squinted his eyes at a few party goers he absolutely did not recognize stumbling out of his house, drunk out of their minds. he pinched the head of a cigarette into his lips and flicked on his lighter, covering the end to protect the flame from the late-fall wind.

he then shoved his free hand into his pocket and threw his head back to simply enjoy the atmosphere. the breeze carried all that smoke with it and all that burning timber of his scent, intense from being exposed to so much alluring smells at once. it was normal for his body to react to such scents after all. especially if it were those of omegas.

originally, minho had planned to get his hands on the prettiest omega he could find that night and take them upstairs to his room so he could do, you know, with them, but after following the same routine for such a long time, he had obviously grown bored of it and he had to endure the pain of such an unsatisfying climax for the past few weeks.

that was definitely out of the picture. minho might as well just let his dick go dry if he can't even function it correctly anymore. not his fault, though.

now, all those scents that he later had to get rid of before his mother returned were all just a big fat headache for minho. he had enough with throwing these parties that obviously didn't benefit him anymore, but he was reckless, and probably wasn't going to stop until his mother had scolded him herself.

sometimes he has these parties for the attention they give to him. while he does greatly appreciate his mom's efforts in raising him, he had felt that he hadn't been validated enough in his life and that he had to search for it himself.

the crowds of students that attended nights like these filled the gaps in his lonely mind, and he was pretty sure that it was working. was working. it was that night that he realized the temporary satisfaction of losing himself in crowds like these was fading away.

minho blew out smoke through a thin stream of air, head leaned back to face the sky. his head tilted on his own when he heard footsteps to his lefts, coming to the house instead of out. huh. weird. it was nearing midnight, and it would surely be out of the ordinary to show up extremely late.

minho's eyes landed right on a boy who approached the front steps with hesitant footfalls, hands stuffed in his pocket as he looked around the house in curiosity. his dark hair fell flat over his forehead and he had a small and slim figure. he jolted slightly when a loud thud was heard from inside the house. minho rolled his eyes lightly and waited for the boy to come closer.

"can i help you?" minho spoke around the head of his cigarette and the boy whipped his head toward him, clearly startled at his presence.

"um." he said, voice soft and albeit deep at first listen. he walked slowly to come much closer to minho, who watched him with pinched eyebrows, letting his hand hang by his hip in confusion to carefully study the stranger.