4

Another stressful day come to the end. Jimin left his class in hurry, legs bringing him to the campus library which is located downstairs. The omega took a deep breath once his cold hands pushed the door open from outside.

The atmosphere in the library was indeed quiet just like how it supposed to be. Nevertheless, the main of him coming here is not for studying, instead he was looking for Taehyung. Jimin strongly believes that Taehyung will be there since the male can't be seen around.

There is no librarian standing behind the counter like usual and Jimin only shrugged his shoulders, making his way into the reading section and immediately spotting Taehyung who was sitting alone as he work on his laptop. He got a couple of assignment sheet on the table but at the moment, he was chilling by watching music video.

"Taehyung ah, are you busy?" Jimin asked gently after fighting with his inner thoughts to leave him alone.

"Oh? I'm not—" Taehyung stopped once he turned around and made eye contact with Jimin.

"Park Jimin!" He gasped.

"I don't know what have I done to you but if you think I'm annoying then I'm really sorry! I just—"

"I'm here to apologise to you! Not the other way around!" Jimin pouted his lips after cutting Taehyung off.

Since there are still in the library, both of them need to keep their voice low or else the librarian will not hesitate to kick them out anytime. The empty chair next to Taehyung had caught Jimin's attention. He pulled the chair backwards and take a seat next to the other male.

"I'm not avoiding you because of you," He began.

Once he noticed Taehyung raised his neat eyebrows in confusion, Jimin took a deep breath. It will be a long explanation and he must fix their friendship.

"To be honest, I don't know from where to start since it's quite personal for me," Jimin rubbed his neck.

"Hey, it's okay! You can tell me if you're comfortable, besides I don't have so many friends! I won't tell anyone especially Jungkook!" Taehyung waved frantically.

"You don't have friends? What a joke! I can see other students clinging around your waist Kim Taehyung," Jimin shut him with a playful glare.

Instead of answering, Taehyung only chuckled in response. He lowered his gaze to look over his lap for the first thirty seconds to collect himself before he lift his gaze up to look at Jimin who was sitting next to him.

"They are just my acquaintances! Yes, you might see them talking to me but they will always ask me about Jungkook, Jungkook and Jungkook, no other topic instead of him and I'm already get used to it," Taehyung flashed Jimin a small smile as he began to tidy up his assignment papers scattered around on the huge table.

Jimin felt his muscles tensed by hearing the confession. Therefore, Taehyung must know about how the other students talk behind his back all these times and he stubbornly decided to be nice to all of them.

"You must think of me like that as well," Jimin mumbled, could not make himself to look at Taehyung properly because of the overwhelming guilt in his heart.

"No! I swear! I understand Jungkook is attractive so no need to feel guilty if you like him!" Taehyung can be seen frantically tried to comfort the other male.

"W-Wait, you just got a wrong idea! I just feel uncomfortable around him, no feelings attached!"

Confusion was written on his face and Jimin understood that he should start explaining. However, only if his stomach did not grumble in hunger out loud, maybe he will think about telling the whole story to Taehyung.

"Sorry! I—"

"Pfft— it's okay Jimin ah! Let's grab a meal instead," Taehyung then flashed him a bright smile while slinging the strip of his laptop bag over his right shoulder.

As they were walking next to each other, Taehyung waved to a specific direction and Jimin could not help to feel curious. Then he noticed Jeon Jungkook approaching them but this time with his mask hanging from his ear.

Jimin felt his stomach dropped. No longer feeling hungry as he lowered his gaze to stare over the floor. He sealed his mouth shut while Taehyung was exchanging words with Jungkook even though he could tell that a pair of eyes were burning a hole on his head. If look would kill, Jimin must be buried six feet under by now.

"Let's grab a lunch together?" Taehyung invited.

Upon hearing that, Jimin felt like running away. He assumed Taehyung must forgot about what they were talking about in the library a while ago.

At this moment, Jimin could not make himself mad at Taehyung but he still doesn't want to face Jungkook just yet, not especially when his face looked just like him.

"Wait, I h-have an important thing to do so maybe I'll skip today, both of you can go without me," Jimin looked at Taehyung before offering him an awkward smile.

All he planned is to tell Taehyung his excuse and leave but not when the piercing glare did not stop burning a hole on him. Jimin almost believed that Jungkook might glued his eyes on him all the time since earlier.

"I need to visit my mom," He added.

Seems like he managed to gain Taehyung's trust as the male only nodded his head. Even so, by remembering about how excited Taehyung told him that he wanted to show Jimin his favourite restaurant near their university while they were walking earlier, Jimin could not help but to feel guilty. He just ruined Taehyung's plan.

"It'll be no fun without you! But I don't want to stop you from visiting your mother either, maybe we'll go next time but make sure to eat a lot with your mom!"

"But he doesn't have mother," Jungkook muttered softly as soon as Jimin disappeared from their sight.