Chapter Fifteen - Time

The camp was in pre-war mode as soon as Percy was up and ready to fight. They had created defenses that lined the outside of the camp, and also had a defensive line set up around Zeus's fist in case the enemy tried to attack through the Labyrinth. Some of the campers had argued that the Labyrinth no longer existed, since Daedalus died during the Battle of the Labyrinth, but they were quickly shot down by Percy and Piper shaking their heads with a look in their eyes that clearly said not to ask. The campers gave in and set up defenses around the entrance.  While most of the campers were setting up defenses, or getting ready to help the wounded that would undoubtedly come to the infirmary, Percy was sitting on the dock, staring out over the lake, deep in thought. 

Percy felt as if in the next few days, something was going to go wrong. He had felt this feeling before, but never this strong. His thoughts kept drifting back to the prophecy that Rachel has said just weeks before. While he was worried about the sacrifice that the prophecy foretold, he was even more worried about the good and evil part of it. He knew that someone was going to have to make a sacrifice at some point, and he was ready to do it if he was the one to do it, but he was worried about who the 'evil' part of the prophecy was referring too.  He just hoped that it wasn't anyone too bad, but he didn't have a choice in the matter. What ever happened was all that Percy could think about. 

The three blessed were planning on reveling themselves to the campers, and the hunters for Zoë, before the battles started. All three of them were nervous about the prospect, but those at the camp who already knew about the real identities of Percy and Piper kept telling them not to worry, that most of the campers missed them, but it was the other part of the campers, the not most, that they were worried about, but that was something that they would have to figure out when the time came for them to reveal themselves.

A tap on his shoulder brought him out of his thoughts. He turned around to find Zoë staring him directly in the eyes.

"Its time." She whispered, Percy looked at her confused.

"Time for what?"

"We need to revel ourselves, or else we won't get a chance to." Percy looked apprehensive.  He knew that her words had truth, but at the time, he didn't feel ready. Apparently, Zoë could see his apprehensiveness, and so she put a soft hand on his shoulder, comforting him.

"Whatever happens, we will be there for you. Me, Piper, Katie, Clarisse, Nico, Connor and Travis, we will all be there for you." Percy nodded silently, and turned to walk with Zoë, away from the beach and to the amphitheater, where everyone was sitting. People chatted and joked with each other, causing the campfire to roar into the sky. As they walked, Katie walked up to them, a small smile on her face.

"Hey, Percy, Night." Percy was startled when Katie called Zoë Night, but after a moment of confusion, he realized that at the moment, no one at camp knew who Zoë was, even the hunters didn't know. He smiled, realizing that Zoë was in almost the same position as he was. He smiled at Katie.

"Hey."

 "The gods will be there, in case something happens." Katie told them, reliving some of Percy's apprehension, but it was definitely still there. 

The three of them headed to the center of the amphitheater, and joined Piper, who was standing next to the fire, as it roared into the sky. They waited for a few moments, watching the campers as they headed towards their seats. 

The campers had been called to the amphitheater, being told that there was a meeting of the campers and the gods, but they didn't know what it was about. Some assumed that it was to explain the real reason why they were heading to war, but no one knew for sure.