Chapter Sixteen - Sacrifice

"...All Hades broke loose in the amphitheater."

There was a mix of shouts and cries of heartbreak around the amphitheater. Some of the shouts were of surprise, and others were of heartbreak. The cries came from those campers who had known the Three Blessed of Chaos from before their betrayal, such as the survivors of the Second Titan War.

Jason watched, tears streaming down his face. He wanted to make amends, he wanted his Piper back. He had taken advantage of her, using her as a stepping stone, and then had fallen for Annabeth. He hadn't realized until years after Piper disappeared that his love with Annabeth wasn't true. He had been in love with Piper, and had simply ignored it, choosing to go after someone else's true love, and he knew that he would never be able to forgive himself. It had been a huge mistake, and he cried, wishing it had never happened, but his cries were drowned out by the rest of the sound in the amphitheatre.

This continued for minutes. Zoë, Percy, and Piper just stood where they were watching as the chaos continued. After watching for a while, Percy became tired of it, and with a wave of his fingers, A huge block of ice appeared in the middle of the amphitheater, before it exploded into snow, covering everyone in a fine layer of white. Immediately, silence reigned.

"If you would like to talk to us, in a peaceful manner, we will be by our old cabins. Otherwise, please stop shouting and go about your normal business. This meeting is over." Percy commanded, startling some of the campers. Zeus opened his mouth to complain that he wasn't the one to dismiss the crowd, but a stern look from Percy shut his mouth, telling him that this was not up for debate.

In three flashes of light, one black, one bright gold, and one ice blue, the three Blessed of Chaos disappeared, leaving the amphitheater in a stunned silence.

Percy, Piper and Zoë reappeared in the center of the cabins, and in unison, they all sighed.

"They took it better than I thought they would." Percy commented.

"I agree." Zoë said. "Though I did not expect them to be so loud."

Percy and Piper chuckled at Zoë exasperated face, both of them receiving glares from the former huntress. The sound of a crowd walking brought them out of their little conversation, and they looked to the amphitheater to see almost the entire camp, including fourteen gods and one centaur, walking towards them. The three of them shared a glance, and walked over to their respective cabins, all three of them sitting down on the steps, waiting for the oncoming storm of questions.

For the next hour, they answered questions about their disappearance, accepted or tried to accept apologies, and caught up with those who had betrayed them. Many of the campers just wanted to talk for a moment, enough to mumble and apology, and then they would walk away, though there were a few who stayed.

Zoë sat and waited for the hunt to come visit her. While she did not have many friends within the camp, a good multitude of campers came and congratulated her on her new position, and some even apologized for how they had treated her in her few weeks back in the land of the living, though for forty five minutes, no member of the hunt, old or new, had come to talk to her. Zoë was disappointed, and a little heartbroken.

She had discovered that one of her best friends, Phoebe had died during the war with Gaea, and the only other person that she was really friends with in the hunt was Artemis, who also hadn't shown up to talk with her. She sat alone at the front of Cabin Eight, and waited for someone to show up. She didn't even care if it was one of the male campers.

After what seemed like hours, Zoë spotted a group of silver clad girls heading her way. She couldn't see their faces from where she was, causing apprehension to bubble in her chest. He mind began to drift into the realm of what could happen. They could be mad, they could be sad, or they could just not care at all about her return.