Chapter Seventeen - Relax

The world seemed to slow to a stop as the three Blessed of Chaos rushed to the side of the girl who was now laying face down on the ground. All three of their stomachs were in their throats as they turned the girl over, being careful not to move the sword that was lodged in her shoulder. Piper and Percy had a sinking suspicion as to who it was. They turned her over, their stomachs dropped.

"Annabeth." Percy whispered. While he may have hated her guts, he had never wanted her to die. Annabeth's blonde hair was splayed out on the ground, and her eyes seemed to not be in focus.

Zoë was the first to jump into action, she immediate called upon some of her healing abilities and went to heal her, but a hand grabbed hers. Annabeth looked into each of their eyes individually.

"It was needed to finish the prophecy; a sacrifice." She managed, and Percy understood, but still, he didn't want her to die.

"Let us heal you, it doesn't mean you." Percy pleaded, but Annabeth shook her head, resigning herself to her fate.

"How did you get here?" Piper asked softly, still slightly in shock.

"I tricked a guard." Annabeth managed, before coughing. She looked at Piper.

"I'm sorry. It was my mother, she "She coughed blood onto the ground next to her, and her voice was shaky. "Disown... had to...betray"

Piper understood what she was saying, and a surge of anger flooded into her system, but Annabeth's eyes shifted to Zoë.

"I'm sorry that...Couldn't save you... at Othrys. "

"It's not your fault, you are a hero." Zoë mumbled. Annabeth blinked slowly, before looking at Percy.

"I'm sorry for the pain I caused you. Mother...Take care of Piper...She disserves you." Annabeth coughed. "I...Love..You...Seaweed Brain."

Annabeth coughed a few times more, and looked to the stars, a small smile coming over her face, and the light faded from her eyes, going limp in the grasp of Percy and Piper.

In that moment, everything changed. Percy and Piper understood her actions, and they no longer resented her. She died for them, to save them from more hurt, and that redeemed her in their eyes. Anger flowed in their veins, and they flashed Annabeth to the base of Thalia's tree.

After setting her down, they shared a meaningful look, one filled with anger and sadness, before all three of them charged into the army of monsters.

For eons to come, people would talk about how they fought to avenge the person who had betrayed them, and the person who had saved them. They were whirlwinds on the battlefield, letting no monster live that crossed their path. Campers who saw them didn't believe their eyes, and even the gods could not believe the power that they possessed.

They fought for what seemed like hours, and by sunset, the army was decimated, the few remaining monsters being picked off by the hunt and the Apollo campers while the three Blessed of Chaos stood in the middle of the field, waiting for the leaders of the monster army to show themselves. Not one of the blessed seemed to be tired, and it seemed like they hadn't even broken a sweat.

One thing was for sure though, they were angry, but when someone looked into their eyes, especially Piper and Percy's, you would see brokenness. They were broken on the inside at the death of Annabeth, and everyone who looked on was sure that once the battle was over, if they survived, they would be broken, the only thing holding them together would be each other.

The campers and the gods stood near the edge of the battlefield, each one with a heavy heart at the condition of the battlefield. Bodies were everywhere, and the ground was tainted with blood. They had lost many in the battle. Though they knew there was one battle left, and there was the possibility of failure.