Chapter Eight - Attack

The camp was in pre-war mode after spotters noticed a monster army marching towards the camp. It was a few days after the capture the flag game, and for the most part, the campers were happy. The camp was being run Jason, though he mostly went to Polaris and Ivory for help with the harder decisions. The campers did keep some of the things that had changed, but for the most part, they changed the camp back to how it was. The main thing that they keep the same that came from Annabeth’s Rule, as the campers called it, was the training. All of the campers agreed that they should be more prepared for an attack, even though they knew nothing about the coming war.

Zeus, along with the rest of the council had agreed, along with Percy and Piper that they needed to keep the rising of the two primordial’s to themselves, meaning that within the camp, the only people who knew why the army was attacking was Polaris, Ivory, Chiron, and the hunters.

The hunters had been convinced to stay at camp to help with the war. They told the campers that they were here because Artemis was on a solo mission assigned to her by Zeus, and she wanted to keep them safe.  That was not entirely a lie though. Even though Artemis knew that the hunters could handle themselves, due to the unknown numbers of the army, she wanted them to stay within the boundaries of the camp, much to the annoyance of the hunters, but they all knew that it was the best option.

The campers lined up in formation while they waited for the army to approach the edge of the camp. Within a few minutes of the camp being ready, the army appeared. The army was made up of mostly the regular army monsters, Dracaena, Empusa, Cyclopes, but worryingly for the campers, there were also a few other monsters. Walking in front of the army was two Drakons, and four Hyperborean Giants.  The campers shifted nervously while they waited. The army stopped about a hundred yards from the borders of camp, and the Drakons and giants parted, reveling a figure that made Percy quite annoyed.

In front of the army, stood Prometheus, the titan of Forethought. Before anyone could move, Prometheus spoke.

“Ahh, it is time my friends, time for your destruction. Now, where is your savior, Jackson?” Beneath the helmets that they were wearing, Percy and Piper smirked. They were standing in front of the campers, standing alongside Jason and Thalia. When no one said anything, Prometheus laughed.

“Oh my, you made him leave didn’t you? I didn’t think it would actually happen. This makes my life much easier.” As soon as the words left his mouth, he looked down in shock. Keeping his feet in place was a massive block of ice. He looked up in shock, only to see that no one had moved on the opposite side of the boarder. Prometheus looked back down, and took out the sword that was hanging at his side. He stabbed it into the ice, and to his surprise, the ice melted away from his sword. He looked up triumphant, and was about to speak, laughing at the campers, when he was stopped short.

Fire erupted from each side of the Titan, instantly vaporizing all four of the Giants, and slowly it closed in upon the titan before dissipating, much to his surprise. This time, when the titan looked back at the campers, he noticed that there were two missing leaders from the front line. Next to the place where the two missing leaders were, were two of, what Prometheus guesses, were the other two leaders. What worried him, were the smirks that they held on their faces. He assumed that they could not lead to anything good. Before he could fully comprehend what was about to go down, a monstrous shriek from either side of him caught everyone’s attention. On either side of Prometheus, the two drakons disintegrated from where they stood, even thought there did not seem to be a reason for their disintegration.

“Attack!” He shouted. A hand connected with his face that seemed to come out of nowhere, before two beings stood in front of the titan. Each wore the same armor as the other two leaders of the camp, but they radiated power like a god.