Chapter Seven - Capture the Flag

Percy and Piper stared at Jason trying to figure out if he was joking or not. Then they looked at each other, asking a silent question. Does he know? The two of them were completely stunned. They both wanted some type of revenge on Annabeth, but they weren’t ready to give up their identities in case something went wrong, and why was Jason asking them. He hopefully didn’t know who they were, and even if he did, he would know what he had done, and probably not have asked them for help. Piper decided to speak up.

“What do you mean, I heard that you two have been dating for five years, wouldn’t that end your relationship?” Piper asked, silently dreading the answer.

“We have been, but I noticed some changes in her since we started, and none of them I like. I think it is time for me to end it off. While I was dating Piper, well, I guess you don’t know her, but while I was dating another girl, I thought that I didn’t have enough. I felt like I was missing something with that relationship. I saw Annabeth and this other guy, Percy’s’,  relationship, I thought I saw what I felt like I needed, and so when Annabeth came to me and said that see needed out of her relationship with Percy, I knew my opportunity had come. I feel horrible about that decision, and I wish that I could make it up, but since they disappeared five years ago, I couldn’t.” This answer surprised both Percy and Piper, but it made them both nervous. They had grown quite close over the five years of their ‘disappearance’ and didn’t want to lose that if Piper and Jason got back together.

“What do you mean changes in Annabeth? She seems pretty normal.”  Percy needed to know what happened to Annabeth, even if he didn’t care for her anymore.

“Well, when we first started dating, she acted more like a leader for the camp, and now, after five years, she seems to have turned into a tyrant. If anyone disagrees with her, then they get punished, and if someone doesn’t do what they are told, she goes ballistic. Her personality changed too, it’s colder and harsher now than it used to be, and I don’t like it.”  Jason said, saying what he had wanted to say to someone in the past five years, but he couldn’t trust anyone well enough to know that they wouldn’t go running off and tell Annabeth. For some reason, he felt like he could trust Polaris and Ivory, and they seemed like the people who knew what to do.

Percy and Piper thought for a moment, and then looked at each other, and reached a silent agreement.

“Jason, we will-“Piper started. She was intruded by Annabeth yelling from the pavilion.

“Jason, get over here, I need your help with the capture the flag teams.”  Jason sighed, and turned to Annabeth. “Coming.” He yelled, before turning back to Polaris and Ivory.

“If you think you can help, meet me after capture the flag, then we can talk more in peace.” He turned around and ran off to the Pavilion. Percy turned to Piper after a moment of silence.

“We can talk during capture the flag about what to do. Right?” 

“Yeah, I guess we can.” She responded. Percy held out his arm, a smirk plastered on his face, and said. “Shall we?” Piper rolled her eyes.

“We shall.” The two of them walked off towards the Pavilion, hoods down. They had stopped wearing their hoods, after they realized that their appearances had changed enough to the point where no one would recognize them, especially since their hair and eyes had changed, along with their body builds, but that was much less noticeable. Even Artemis said that she wouldn’t have recognized them if they had just appeared, even with their auras being familiar, since everyone had known them, but the fact that they now had so much power within our aura, that they didn’t have the last time anyone would have seen them. That is what helped the most.