Chapter Six - Revenge?

The campers were stunned. They had all, by that time, heard the prophecy spoken years earlier, about the blessed of Chaos, and how they were supposed to save the world. The campers were terrified, and also were a little curious who was under the hoods. The only one who seemed to know was Artemis, but the at the time that she didn’t seem to want to tell anyone, and it was no use to keep asking for the identities of the beings under the hoods, and it just made the campers even more curious, but no one dared ask, especially none of the males in the group.

The hooded figures seemed to have an understanding with Artemis, and Artemis turned to the campers before speaking.

“The identities of Polaris and Ivory are a strict secret. They have asked for no one to know without their permission. For now, you will not know who they are. They have many enemies’ and it would not be good for the enemies’ to find out who they are. With that said, you campers are to respect them as if they were gods. They are very powerful, and it would not be wise to make them your enemies’. They will be staying in my cabin.” The campers were shocked that the two beings were going to be allowed to sleep in Artemis’s cabin, especially since one of them was obviously male.   Even the two beings seemed shocked at this.

Percy had been expecting to have to stay in the big house, and was quite surprised that Artemis was going to have them stay with the hunters. Percy turned to Artemis, and gave her a quizzical look, but only revised a smile back. Percy then noticed that everyone was still shivering. He may have been betrayed by a lot of people in camp, but there were a few that he noticed looked sad when Artemis said that their identities were going to be kept a secret. These included Clarisse La Rue, Katie Gardener, Nico, the Stoll brothers, Rachel, and surprisingly Jason. Annabeth looked like she was going to kill someone if she didn’t find out their real identities, but to Percy, he was happy to see that she was frustrated. It made him feel a little better about coming back, knowing that some people still cared for him, and it made him even happier to see that Annabeth still the same, and that he would never, at least on purpose, let her figure out who he was, before he caused her some type of hardship. 

“Campers, I believe that it is time for you to head to dinner, I assume that Polaris and Ivory will be joining you, along with the Hunters and Lady Artemis. You know the rules, and they are even more prominent now that Polaris and Ivory are here. Am I correct in saying that you will be joining us?” Chiron asked, looking at Artemis, who nodded and said.

“Yes, we will be joining you after we get settled in.” Chiron nodded, and trotted away, along with the campers, only a few of which stayed being, including Nico, who looked distraught. Percy didn’t think anything about it, until he went up to Thalia and hugged her, much to Percy and Pipers disbelief. They heard them talking, and could just barely make out what they were saying.

“Thalia, why do you seem so acquainted with Polaris and Ivory?” Nico asked suspiciously.  Thalia rolled her eyes.

“Don’t worry Death Breath; they aren’t that dangerous if they like you. I would just be kind to them for a while.”

 “I guess. Have you heard anything about Percy and Piper?” Nico asked, surprising the subjects of the question. They had thought that everyone at the camp had hated them, but it seemed like they were wrong.

“No I haven’t.” She said, with a quick glance over at Percy and Piper. She knew that they could hear the conversation. She wanted them to hear. She was worried that at camp, they would become closed off, and not even talks to the hunt, and was trying to do everything that she could to make sure that didn’t happen.

<-><-><->

Percy and Piper were walking around the camp right after being introduced by Artemis when they both froze in their tracks. Standing near the Big House, glowering down at them, was the kid that started the whole thing, Nicolas Dalla. Percy and Piper had only learned his name after a few months away from camp, thanks to Artemis. Of course he would still be around, and it made both Percy and Piper mad, just seeing him still her. They continued to walk, trying to walk past Nicolas, but to no avail.