Chapter Twelve - Storytelling

For Piper, her whole world came crashing down on her for the second time in the last century. She and Percy had been fighting side by side through the waves of monsters, and she had no idea how they had separated, even if it was only a few feet. She had been hacking and slashing with her daggers, keeping the monsters at bay, when she heard the cry of anguish that rocked her world. She sliced through the hellhound that had just launched itself at her, turning it to dust, and turned around to see what she was currently having a hard time processing.

Somehow, during the battle, she and Percy had been separated from each other by a few feet, and it allowed someone to sneak up on Percy, though it didn’t seem as if Piper being there would have done much to stop what happened.

“Percy.” She breathed, staring in horror at the scene in front of her, sadness, anguish, and heartbreak flowing though her, before all of those emotions were replaced by one massive emotion, of pure rage. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw Zoë appear next to her, not seeming to notice what was going on. She took one look at Piper, and turned her attention to the scene in front of her, and she seemed to go through the same waves of emotions that Piper had, finally settling on one, just like Piper’s had.

Both of the female parts of the blessed now had an unimaginable amount of rage focused on the person with their sword through their companion, and with that anger, came an incredible amount of power, radiation off the two of them. So much power was radiating off the two females that the monsters in the immediate area seemed to be pushed back, stumbling and running away from the two beings, running either right into their allies, or running away into the forest and hills surrounding Camp Jupiter.

For the first time, Nyx seemed to be worried about what faced her. She had come to the battle to remove Peruses from the war, but as she stared at the two females, she had a feeling that if she didn’t leave soon, she would not be part of the war anymore. Even if she was a primordial, there were still ways to make a primordial fade, and by the looks she was getting, both of the females knew it.

“Now that your biggest star has a sword though his midsection, I will be leaving.” Nyx looked down at her ‘accomplishment’ to see him slowly loosing consciousness as he lost blood. She turned her attention back to the two females, smirked, and then flashed out of the battle.

Trying to get some amount of rage out of her system, Piper turned to the monsters behind her, and released a wave of emotion. This emotion seemed was directed only at the monsters, saving most of the demigods that were in the area. The monsters who were hit by the emotion immediately dropped to their knees, and began to wail as a wave of sadness hit them. For many of the weaker monsters, they all dropped to their knees, and a moment later all drew their weapons, seemingly as one, and ended their lives, the wave of emotion controlling their emotions.  

Piper and Zoë ran to Percy immediately after Pipers release of energy, and both skid to a halt next to him. They both gasped at his current condition. His face was deathly pale, and his eyes were barley open.  Both of his hands were covering his midsection, but his hands couldn’t cover the amount of blood that was spilling out of the wound. After a moment of staring at Percy, Zoë began to act, reaching to remove Percy’s hands from his wound, when she felt a bloodied hand reach out and grab hers before she could reach his hands. She looked up to see Percy’s eyes open a little bit wider than before.

“Zoë.” He whispered just loud enough so that only she and Piper could hear. “Piper, I don’t know if I will make it, if not, please don’t worry.” 

“Don’t say that Percy, please don’t say that.” Piper said, holding back sobs. “You will make it.” Zoë didn’t say anything, but instead of talking, she just began to heal Percy. After a moment, Percy’s hand went slack, and he drifted into unconsciousness, though is pulse was still strong, but getting weaker.  Piper began to cry, whispering Percy’s name between sobs.   For a moment, nothing else mattered in her or Zoë’s world. For that moment, it was just Percy. That was, until a hand rested on Piper’s shoulder, and when she looked up, she saw the shocked face of Leo, with Reyna standing behind her.