- chapter 2 -

The Australian blinked in disbelief and stared at the messages - as if he expected something different to be written there - and read them through again. But the characters remained, burning brightly in his eyes.

Thousands of questions ran through his mind, but most of them lead back to why?

Why had he broken up with him?

Because actually, Hyunjin was perfect - cute, charming, funny, talented, rich, damn handsome - but okay, he definitely had some jealousy issues, so maybe Felix could understand him after all. On the other hand, Jisung himself seemed to love, or at least have loved, this side of the blond-haired.

However, that in turn led him to another why. Why should he of all people be the one to take care of Hyunjin?

Actually, he knew why Jisung had asked him - after all, they were ( had been) best friends - but still, something held him back. If things were the same now as then, he wouldn't be here anymore - frozen in the middle of a traffic island in Seoul - but already on his way to Hyunjin.

Sighing, he read through the text again before turning around and hurrying back in the direction he had come from. Just in time he caught the bus, which drove to Hyunjin's neighborhood.

One stop before his actual destination, he got off the bus again and walked the rest of the way. On the one hand, there was a grocery store on the way to Hyunjin, where he also stopped to buy beer. And on the other hand, he wanted to stall for time, because he had no idea how to comfort him.

He slowly blew the white smoke into the dark night sky and watched it disappear as few snowflakes began to fall from the heavy clouds and gently float to the ground.

He had finished his cigarette when he stopped another time - at a late-night restaurant with amazing jajangmyeon and bought two bowls there.

A good quarter of an hour later, he arrived at Hyunjin's fancy apartment complex. A few weeks had passed since he had last visited him. At that time, even the Christmas decorations were still hanging and Jisung had opened the door for him - which defenitly will not happen tonight...

The hallways of the huge glassbox, not to mention the overall ambiance of the complex, made him guess that Hyunjin's monthly rent was higher than what he paid annually on campus, even though he was still a student just like Felix.

But that was because he came from an wealthy family. To be more precise, his father and another partner ran an internationally known conglomerate. Others would laugh when they heard that Hyunjin was more or less forced by him to live in the apartment instead of in a normal dorm of the college. But that was the way it was. Felix shrugged off his thoughts and finally rang the doorbell.

After three or four attempts the silver-haired boy held down the button for the bell until the wooden door in front of him was yanked open. Behind it, an angry-looking Hyunjin emerged.

But when he recognized Felix, his glare softened and he heaved a sigh as he continued to eye the younger one. "I guess you heard already," he said then, with a weak hand gesture at the bags in Felix's hands, before stepping back to let him in.

___________________________

Okidoki the second chapter right after cause it kinda belongs to the introduction part as well. <3