- chapter 13 -

When Felix pushed open the glass door to the dance studio, the familiar smell of parquet and elastic hit his nose - soft upbeat music resounded from one of the rooms in the back.

The entrance area was half-dark and empty, but he knew the place well enough to be able to find his way around even in the pitch dark. He changed his shoes and put his stuff in his locker before going to the only lit dance room.

There, a small group of the dance trainers he worked with - 2 guys and 2 girls, including Yoonji - were already sitting on the floor with notepads around them. He greeted them with a grin and got back an equally beaming greeting from all of them.

The hours flew by faster than Felix really noticed. Two new short choreos had been completed and the plan for the classes coordinated as the group began to separate again. He went with the other boys first - as the girls were still securing and locking everything. They talked and laughed friskily before parting ways at the intersection in front of the building.

Felix took a deep breath and let the pleasant night air flow into his lungs, as by now the sun had long set, but it was still much earlier than the silver-haired would have thought. With a look at his cell phone - on which 11 pm was brightly displayed - he considered whether it would still be worthwhile to go to the others to Hongdae.

Just as he was about to call Hyunjin to see if they were still in Hongdae, he heard someone call his name.

Somewhat confused - whether he had only imagined it - he turned in the according to direction.

Among the other passerby, he could see Yoonji waving at him, grinning broadly - with her high pig-tail swaying to the beat as she hurried toward him. Smiling, he returned the gesture.

"Well!" she eventually stood before him. "You were gone so fast before, I couldn't even invite you for a smoke - though you promised last time."

Felix grinned down at her and put his cell phone away. "Then let me invite you for a coffee. It's more comfortable than smoking like creeps at some dark corner."

So instead of going to Hongdae, he and Yoonji sat down at one of the nearby pretty cafes - where they had been several times - and ordered coffee. They sat in the outdoor area, right by the pedestrian zone, and had a good view of the colorful streets.

They chatted comfortably and told each other about their college life and dance improvements. Sipping coffee, Yoonji had taken off her shoes and was now sitting cross-legged in a wicker chair facing behind the table Felix.

"...and so Jimin is now accepted as Backup Dancer and not me... But well I'm not a boy..." rolling her eyes, she slammed her hand down on the table - a devilish grin spread across her face and she laughed wickedly. "But next time - yes, next time! I'm gonna kick everyone's ass, yes, I'm gonna dance them into the ground!"

Felix just grinned softly at that - Yoonji had always been more tomboyish. After all, he had known her since his family had moved to Korea - because, she was the daughter of his mother's best friend.

He chuckled lightly, whereupon she fell silent but grinning and relaxed back into her chair. "What is it?"

The silver-haired shook his head with a smirk. "Nothing. I'm just sure you'll make it next time. Really, your movements are light and fluid, you've already improved a lot since the last audition. And with this lightness in your dance style, I'm sure you can make it to the top. Seriously, you have the potential for a professional career, I know that, Yoonji."

The brown-haired girl blinked at him in astonishment and a pink haze settled over her cheeks as she started laughing out loud. " You actually managed to make me blush, huh? Lixie, I'll get you for this," she cracked her fingers and reached over to him.