- chapter 34 -

But that question didn't come from Jisung but Felix. Because he must have misheard, right?

They were dating?

They were practically together?

Actually, they couldn't, because he certainly wouldn't have forgotten something as important as if Hyunjin had asked him out - his heart started beating wildly with hope and confusion.

"Since when?"

Hyunjin looked at him calmly, though there was confusion in his gaze, "Well, since our first date."

"How- when? Where?!" his voice sounded shrill as he turned in disbelief to the taller so he could better look at him - stare at him in irritation with wide eyes.

Slowly, the other nodded.

"Um, I think I should probably go," interjected Jisung, which the silver-haired had completely tuned out for the moment.

Hyunjin looked up at Jisung - who was already leaving, grinning - but Felix was still too stunned to do more than stare at the blond in front of him.

"Okay, have fun and get home safe later."

"I will!"

A little later, they could hear the apartment door shutting behind him - Jisung was gone and it was just the two of them again.

Felix's heart felt like it could burst at any moment, he wasn't even sure if he was still breathing. His thoughts became a squishy mass that he couldn't get a grip on.

"Hey, Lix. You okay?" the older looked at him with concern, brushing back a few strands that had fallen into his face before gently holding his hand against his forehead.

"Huh, yeah. Just... we're dating?", Felix finally woke up from his sort of trance - wanting to make sure if maybe he had misheard it after all.

Hyunjin looked at him frowning as he let his hand wander from his forehead smoothly to the back of his neck, "I thought you knew."

"How was I supposed to know?"

"Well, I did invite you over that one night to go to the movies and have dinner. You said yes, and then we went to see the movie you wanted to see so badly," Hyunjin carefully intertwined his fingers with the younger man's,"I just didn't want to throw big words around because I thought it would be easier for you, more comfortable that way. You know, letting the actions speak? I mean, I know it was difficult for you in the past with all this relationship chaos."

And all at once, everything made sense to Felix. Hyunjin's hemming and hawing about something being too early to say that night, the person he suddenly seemed to like, all the way to-

"Oh...", Felix managed to choke out as the shattering realization hit him, "Oh, fuck. The nightclub. You thought-", panic rose in Felix as he was finally able to piece together Hyunjin's reaction that night, "I'm sorry. I didn't- I didn't know-"

He couldn't even finish his thoughts, they melted like honey as he tried to get a hold on them.

"Hey," Hyunjin wrapped his arms around him reassuringly. "It's okay. Admittedly it really wasn't then, but it's okay now." - he breathed a gentle kiss on Felix's forehead - "I probably should have made my intentions a lot clearer."

"Oh, yes.", Felix mumbled and snuggled closer to the blond, "Sorry" The latter dropped back into the soft couch with him so that his head rested on the armrest while Felix nestled on top of him.

"It's okay. I guess we both acted a little stupid." the korean answered him affectionately, now a slight smirk on his lips.

"So basically we've been dating since you took me to that fancy Chinese restaurant after the movie?" was the first thing Felix asked after he collected himself. Because seriously? They had been going on dates, were together in principle, and he hadn't even known it.