- chapter 18 -

In the following time, they didn't see each other for quite a while, because Hyunjin had several art projects to finish for his exams. Except for the one time Felix had spent Monday afternoon in his apartment after his dance practice - but the blond-haired had been in the atelier all day, so he had been alone anyway.

He must have fallen asleep on Hyunjin's couch before he could leave. Because in the middle of the night he had woken up, facing a grinning Hyunjin - propping his head up, he had leaned his arm casually against the couch padding.

Only the soft light of the full moon illuminated the huge living room area and once again made Hyunjin look forbiddenly far too good - like a prince charming. Made his eyes sparkle as if there were thousands of stars in them and his hair shine silky as he slowly ran his fingers through it.

"Why didn't you turn on the light?" muttered Felix, his eyes already falling shut again - his voice was soft, but still sounded rough and deep in his ears.

"I didn't mean to wake you. You looked so peaceful and cute sleeping," the blond smirked just as quietly as he moved even closer to him, now brushing a few silver strands from Felix's face.

"Watching me sleep is creepy, you old geezer," Felix grinned as best his tired state would allow as he slumped sleepily against him. With a contented sigh, he snuggled into the comforting warmth of Hyunjin, barely noticing as he maneuvered them both to the bed in the bedroom.

Apart from this time, he had spent the last time alone in his own campus room of the college.

Although Hyunjin, Jeongin, Sungmin and he went to the same university, they mostly took different college courses and therefore only saw each other during longer breaks or briefly on campus - even less now that the exams. Usually, he also talked on the phone or facetimed often with Chan, Changbin, or Jisung, but they also had a lot to do with their music projects and were therefore busy.

Felix, on the other hand, was the only one who fortunately already had his exam phase nearly behind him. Nevertheless, his schedule was full, as he intended to invest more time in his passion for dancing.

Despite all the stress, he managed to meet with Chan one afternoon, even if only briefly - it was still like a burst of energy for him.

The spring sun was unbearable - gaving a glimpse of the hot summer in the offing - although it was late in the afternoon, when he spotted Chan in the cooler shade of the café they met in.

Happy, he let himself fall into his arms before sitting down with him - a broad grin had manifested itself on his lips as soon as he had seen him.

"Gosh, it's been a long time since we've seen each other," Felix commented between sips of his freshly served iced coffee as they talked for some time.

"Come on, it hasn't been that long.", Chan laughed up, his hair - now dyed a fiery red since their last meeting - almost glowing even in the shadows. "Na na na, Sungmin and Jeongin get to see you a lot more than I or Hyunjin get to see you. Don't even get me started on Jisung and Changbin."

"Then you just chose the wrong subjects if you don't have time," the older concluded with a laugh, whereupon Felix teased him - in a not serious way -  about his obsession with music production.

It was a leisurely conversation and the sun was already beginning to set in the dusk as their conversation drew to a close. After they had ordered something for supper, Felix drew lost in thought on a cigarette and slowly blew out the smoke again.

"Jeez, you smoker stench everything here. Quit smoking, it only harms your health and the environment. Do you know how many additional pollutants and Co2 you could save the ozone layer from? Not to mention the money," Chan dramatically fanned the smoke back to Felix with the menu card. And although he said this in a light-hearted manner, the Australian could hear the serious concern.

"Yeah yeah, I know. It's just a bad habit," he stubbed out the remaining cigarette in the ashtray and scratched the back of his neck, "Hyunjin tried to talk me out of it, too."

"Speaking of Hyunjin," the redhead redirected the topic to one that Felix had been able to successfully avoid until then, "What is going on between you two anyway? These days, you're usually seen together. Has your friendship really blossomed again? - which would be really nice. But honestly? I was afraid you might never return to the bond you had before Jisung."

"Well," Felix faltered a bit - they definitely hadn't just gone back to their old friendship - "I wouldn't necessarily say we've gone back to our old bond. It feels more like a new, stronger one has emerged. But either way, I'm really glad that Hyunjin and I are getting along so well again, that it only happened after his breakup with Jisung... I don't know if it was because of that or not, but I guess it was," he replied, shrugging his shoulders.

Even tho he knew that if Jisung hadn't left Hyunjin, they would never have had sex - but he didn't want to tell Chan that, not yet.

Chan observed Felix with a piercing gaze, almost as if he saw through the younger man's façade. But he eventually just nodded, before adding with a strange smirk: "I'm glad you've found each other. Only I don't know if you're already aware of that."

Felix didn't quite know how to interpret this statement, so he just nodded in agreement before they talked for a few more minutes about Chan's music project - which he produced together with Jisung and Changbin - before they parted ways again. The night had long since fallen.