- chapter 28 -

"Lix!?"

Felix looked up from his blurry reflection in the water to Hyunjin, torn from his thoughts. Smiling charmingly, he joined him on the bridge, squeezing past the other guests at the gala, with two champagne glasses in his hand. 

He no longer wondered why a warm tingle had come over him again.

Because he had to admit that Hyunjin looked forbiddingly good in formal clothes: suit, vest, white shirt, and tie - but well, the blond looked stunning in anything. In contrast, he felt downright underdressed in a normal tuxedo - he hadn't even put on a tie.

Because at the moment they were at a gala, on the occasion of the reopening of one of the most famous art museums in Seoul. A completely new complex was built on the museum grounds, which would permanently feature East Asian cultural treasures and art. For example, the building was constructed according to ancient Korean architecture. 

Hyunjin's father's company was one of the investors in the museum and the sponsor of the gala. Therefore he knew why Hyunjin was here, although he usually avoided such events - after all, it was about his beloved art. But he had no idea why he had dragged him along.

With a broad smile, Hyunjin held out a glass to the silver-haired when he finally reached him, "Here."

Gratefully he accepted it and sipped from the sparkling drink, it tasted as expensive as it would probably be. Sighing, he looked around, they were in the museum's garden area, which was modeled after a Japanese garden. And if he had to be honest, everything was so fancy - from the people to the decorations - that he felt kind of out of place.

"Are you all right? Don't you like the exhibition?" asked Hyunjin, noticing his thoughtful look and placing his hand caringly against his back - instant warmth sprouting over the skin where the older touched him. They were a little farther away from the large crowd, but that was exactly what pushed him to the edge of his nerves.

"Of course, I like the exhibition. But, um, it's more like the gala... is it really okay if we show up here together?", Felix asked uneasily at the thought that Mr. Hwang had threatened his son if he didn't take a girl as his next companion to any event. Sure they looked like friends, and technically they're ... just friends. But still, the Australian had concerns.

"Don't you worry about it, my father isn't even present. You saw during the welcoming speeches that he only sent deputies - lucky that I didn't have to go up there with them. So for real don't worry, nothing will happen to you, Lix." But before the latter could have answered, Hyunjin had pulled him along with him - was this becoming a habit now, or what? - "Come, one of my art professors is about to give a speech. After all, he's also the museum owner's son."

It's not like I'm worried about my ass, I'm worried about you, he thought through gritted teeth as he inwardly rolled his eyes. Usually, the blond hadn't been so casual about the subject either, maybe he really was getting in over his head.

Hyunjin led them back to the table where they had sat before. Speeches and presentations about various works and artists, as well as about the history, had been given throughout the evening. Of course, the sponsors and organizers had also given some words to the reception. And to his chagrin, the other guests of their table were also present again.

On the one hand, a couple of dolled-up chicks - unfortunately very pretty - who were the daughters of some well-known fashion company. On the other hand the two deputies of Hyunjin's father's company.

While the latter had decided to ignore them from the beginning - which the silver-haired definitely had no problem with - the oh-so-fine ladies were a tad too talkative for him. For they chatted Hyunjin up incessantly and, unfortunately, weren't above laughing shrilly and loudly to keep his attention. Even if the attention should actually be on the stage, which was built around the king's throne - because the gala took place mainly in the recreated main throne room.

But it wasn't just the gossips. Whenever they met someone who knew Hyunjin, the blond and the respective one fell into a conversation, while Felix just stood around pointlessly - in the end, he was just a simple, insignificant college student.

Such a moment occurred again, which is why Felix went to one of the many catering stands that served alcohol. Perhaps he had already had one or two too many glasses of champagne, but in his opinion that didn't matter, since they would soon be leaving anyway. So everything was fine as long as Hyunjin had his fun.

The latter continued to flit blithely from one conversation to the next. While Felix slowly melted away in the warmth, Hyunjin still looked effortlessly hot.

His jacket was gone and he now had his shirt sleeves rolled up. But otherwise, he looked just as perfect as when they had arrived at the gala, even his hair still was flawless.

The silver-haired unfastened the first two buttons of his shirt - he had taken off his own Sacco as well - and leaned a little aloof against one of the pillars in the large hall. He let his gaze wander once more over the adjacent Japanese garden as he tried to acclimatize. Then suddenly another person leaned against the next pillar not far away - Hyunjin.

"Finally found you, Lix. You were suddenly gone, yet now comes the best part."

Wow, he had noticed that early on... it wasn't like Felix had come here to see Hyunjin being adored by every female imaginable. So he just shrugged, "I thought the exhibition itself was the best part?"

"That's right. But you know what can only top that?"

Again Felix shrugged his shoulders, while once more the familiar smirk played around Hyunjin's lips. Suspiciously, he watched the blond push himself off the pillar, coming closer to him, meanwhile holding his left hand behind his back.

"Say, Lee Felix" - he held out his right hand to him - "may I have this dance?"

____________________________

Once again, it's that time of the month - today is the 4-month anniversary of Moments in Love. ˆˆ
This is why, of course, another chapter will be up later today, probably late tonight. <3
And a very biiig, humongous thank u, for giving this story over 4k reads!!!!