- chapter 32 -

With a shirt that was clearly too big hanging off his shoulders, Felix seemed to be almost drowning in the dark blue fabric - but in fact, he was drowning much more in the familiar scent of Hyunjin emanating from the soft cotton.

With a cigarette between his plump lips, he made coffee while songs from Cigarettes after Sex softly resounded through the kitchen.

The scene was truly cinematic. The way shallow sunlight shone on the apartment's bright surfaces, refracted in the glass, and reflected bursts of light on the floor and walls. The hot, jet-black coffee steaming white. Felix took a long drag and looked out at the city, the view blurred in the shimmering heat. Before he stuck the cigarette again in the corner of his mouth, brushed back his shimmering silver hair, and poured the second cup.

"You've already made coffee, Lixie~" murmured Hyunjin in his raspy morning voice - sleepily shuffling into the kitchen - before hugging the shorter man from behind.

He briefly buried his head in the crook of Felix's neck - drawing in the mingled scent of himself and Felix - before placing feather-light kisses in the same spot where the dark love marks of the previous night were looming.

Felix snuggled blissfully into his arms. But before he could have answered, Hyunjin had taken the cigarette away from him, turned his face toward him with two fingers holding his chin, and let their lips linger warm and familiar against each other for a moment in return.

"Which doesn't mean you can smoke here, though," he said then with a grin, a wild glint in his eyes that Felix couldn't place but felt deep in his bones.

"Oh, yeah?" the silver-haired grinned just as broadly, snatching the cigarette back and running - as best his body would allow after last night - away from Hyunjin as he tried to catch him.

Laughing, they romped around the open living room and kitchen area for a while, until they were each standing across from the kitchen island.

"So, second try.", Felix laughed slightly out of breath and tried quite unsuccessfully to put on a more serious face, "Oh, yeah? If that's the way it's supposed to be, why do you have an ashtray here?

Representatively, he squeezed out the cigarette, which was now only a stub, against the white ceramic.

As if Hyunjin was surprised by himself, he blinked at the small bowl in the middle of the counter. Before he laughed and strolled around the kitchen island to Felix - who now didn't take a step back, but walked towards him as well.

"Seems I'm too inconsequent, huh?"

He wrapped his arms around Felix again, and once more the shorter man let his hands wander to Hyunjin's neck, smiling gently, "Aren't we all a little inconsequential?"

Slowly, they swayed to the mellow beat of Falling in Love, as Hyunjin tilted his head slightly - his blond strands partially falling into his face, which shone golden in the sunlight.

"What are you supposed to be inconsistent about? Except maybe smoking, though you never clearly said you wanted to quit either..." the taller then asked, contemplating.

A hint of sadness settled over Felix's beaming smile.

With you, he wanted to say, it was on the tip of his tongue. But he swallowed the words down and just shook his head slightly - the smile returning to its carefree glow - and pressed a quick peck to Hyunjin's lips.

"I don't know where to start or end on my end. So we'd better drink the coffee, or it'll get cold."

They sat down in front of the TV with coffee and kimbap, just as the 1 p.m. news began. At first, they were getting upset about some political measures and views, but as time went by, they drifted more and more to their own topics - easily and cozily.

And since they were both inconsistent, it did not remain with a richly delayed breakfast on the couch, but they also watched the subsequent movie. But how could Felix have turned off the TV when The Amazing Spiderman 2 came on?

The movie was already slowly but surely coming to an end - Spiderman had defeated Electro and Green Goblin had already killed Gwen, too - when suddenly the doorbell rang.

"You go!"

"No, you go. You've seen this a thousand times. This is the first time I've seen the movie, I want to know the ending," Hyunjin rebutted, blithely stuffing some chips into his mouth

"But my favorite scene is coming up.", Felix didn't think of missing even a second of his favorite movie - his concentrated gaze didn't leave the screen - "Besides, it's your place."

The doorbell rang again and the blond got up with a reluctant sigh."Fine. I'll go, then."

Felix grinned victoriously and gave the taller man a quick sideways glance. "Thank you, Mr. Gentleman. But you really need to see this once."

"Sure thing, rub more salt in the wound." the taller one smirked at him, rolling his eyes - no malice in his gaze at all, just a gentle gleam - before disappearing down the hallway to the entrance.

Felix felt his heart skip a beat before continuing to beat twice as fast. The now all too familiar warm feeling drove a blush to his face, and he quickly turned his gaze back to the TV.

His favorite scene - the Ending Segment - flitted across the screen a little later, followed by an advertisement that totally killed the mood. However, since Hyunjin still wasn't back, he turned down the volume of the TV a bit and listened for the voices coming from the entryway.

"...bring them over quickly." he could hear a voice all too familiar to him, which is why he almost choked on the chips.

Jisung!

What was he doing here yet again!?

Felix had not prepared himself mentally for seeing him in Hyunjin's apartment again on such short notice. Or rather, that Jisung would find him once again at Hyunjin's - in an almost similar condition as last time.

"Well then, thanks again, Ji. I could have picked it up at some point, though."

He fervently hoped that he would just leave. But, contrary to his hopes, the voices were getting closer.

"Oh, it's really no big deal. As I said, I'm in the area to meet up with Minho later anyway," Jisung said as he turned the corner and halted in his movement when he spotted Felix on the couch. "Oh. Hi, Lix."

"Hey..." he replied with a weak smile.