- chapter 33 -

Jisung's gaze was on Felix, pondering, as if trying to analyze the situation - that wasn't good, like at all. "Hyune didn't mention that you're here as well," he then grinned, amused for some reason, as he crossed his arms behind his head.

"Do you want to stay here until your date? It's hot as hell outside, after all," asked Hyunjin behind him, who Felix then stared at, dumbstruck.

Seriously? Hyunjin was aware that he was sitting here in just a boxer and a T-shirt, right? The blond at least had a pair of shorts on, but either way, Jisung wasn't stupid.

"If you don't mind, sure," the brown-haired replied with a smile, stretching comfortably as he strode to the window facade - obviously enjoying the warm sun. "Although the weather is really awesome, it's like being in a sauna outside."

Seizing the opportunity, Felix sprinted - trying to be inconspicuous - to the bedroom to quickly pull on a pair of shorts before Jisung's thoughts could really wander too far.

"I see, as art-crazy as ever," Jisung stopped at the table in the seating area with a chuckle. Since Hyunjin hardly ever used it for eating, a good stack of paints, painting stuff, and sketches covered most of it.

Then the brown-haired started laughing heartily when he spied a sketch, which he held up to Hyunjin, "Dude, Hyune. Those three garden gnomes just look like Chan, Bin, and me. Don't tell me that's on purpose."

"Not really but if you want I can make you guys out of it.", Hyunjin grinned cheekily, "Would you like something to drink? Coffee, water, iced tea, soda, anything?"

"Nah, never mind.", Jisung laughingly waved off the first offer as he put the paper back down, "But I'd like some iced tea."

"Okay, coming right up. You can sit down on the couch or wherever you want."

"You got it, boss!"

Jisung sighed cozily, dropping into one of the armchairs and closing his eyes as the sun spread its rays over him again - he seemingly melted into the soft fabric while spacing out.

Felix joined Hyunjin in the kitchen with his shorts now on, who was just about to get the package of iced tea from the fridge. The younger lightly poked his elbow into his side. However, when this only earned him a strange look and a poke in return, Felix whispered softly, "Why is he here?"

Hyunjin referred to the hallway of the entryway with a slight movement of his head. "He gave me back some painting utensils and other stuff, which he had found when he was cleaning up."

"I see," Felix nodded in understanding and fetched three glasses from the cupboard, "Still, you didn't have to invite him right away."

"Why not?" the blond let out carefree as he poured the iced tea - the shorter really couldn't tell if he was taking it all that lightly or just pretending to.

Sighing, Felix gave up with a roll of his eyes as he looked into the older one's stupidly grinning face. He stuck his tongue out at him - breaking into an indulgent smile before he even had turned around - and taking the first two glasses to the living room area.

Well, Hyunjin had always been the type to act before thinking things through - exept for things evolving his family, especially his father, but he learned that the hard way. Action over words: maybe he should suggest him that as his next art project theme or something.

He handed one glass to Jisung, who snapped back to reality, not a second later chatting away blithely.

They talked for quite a bit- catching up on the events of the last few days. And although the mood was relaxed, Jisung seemed to have something on his mind. Felix had noticed how he kept biting his lip before sipping his tea or running his hand through his hair more often than usual - as if he wanted to say something but didn't dare.

After a few more minutes, he eventually addressed him on it. "Say, is something wrong, Ji?"

"Ah... no. Actually, it's nothing.", he immediately denied, scratching the back of his neck in a caught manner.

"Just the fact that you didn't even ask what I meant means there's something," the silver-haired concluded nonetheless, looking at him inquiringly.

Jisung looked contemplatively into the glass for a moment before hesitantly speaking. "Okay, fine... I just wanted to know - and no judgment from me, that's all okay. But, um... how long have you been dating now?"

Felix choked on his iced tea and half of the drink in his mouth ran back down his chin. "What?!" he ignored the soft "Eww..." from beside him as he wiped the tea off his face with his oversized t-shirt sleeve, "What makes you think that?"

"Well," Jisung also put down his glass and then gestured vaguely in the direction of the two, "Actually, your entire behavior, such as how you look at each other or how you're sittin' like that."

"Huh?" Felix looked over at Hyunjin - who was strangely serene -  questioningly, but noticed what the other meant at the same moment.

"Oh."

He was sitting pretty close to the blond. Which would be fine, except that his head was leaning against Hyunjin's right arm, which in turn was resting on the back of the couch. In addition, Hyunjin was fiddling with his T-shirt with his right hand, whereupon he kept letting his fingers roam over the crook of Felix's neck and under his shirt - which the shorter hadn't even really noticed until now.

"And, uhm, also.", Jisung tapped the side of his neck and gestured to Felix with his other hand. "Changbin and I noticed those the other day, too, by the way."

Hectically, one of his hands followed the movements to his own neck and he realized that he wasn't just wearing a t-shirt of Hyunjin's. But rather, that the oversized collar fully exposed the hickies Hyunjin had left behind yesterday.

"In retrospect, the whole double date thing that went wrong... missing or swapped clothes are part of it, too." he continued counting off on his fingers.

Felix didn't even have time to compress everything and think it over, but Jisung wasn't done yet - it got worse. Clearing his throat, he took his cell phone out of his pocket and showed them some articles: "And then this was in the gossip columns today!

Felix's eyes widened drastically - he was genuinely afraid they would just fall out - as he read the various headlines and could identify all too well the tightly embraced people in the pictures below.

Hwang Hyunjin spotted with lover(?) at museum gala

Candid snapshots: the mysterious stranger in Hwang Hyunjin's arms

Scandalous kisses and more? Hwang offspring in male company at museum gala

tight dancing and deep kissing - is Hwang Hyunjin taken to a man?

This was bad, really bad.

Felix felt his one eye twitch helplessly, his brain was blank, and his mouth dust-dry as he tried to say something - completely overwhelmed. But Hyunjin came to his rescue.

"Almost two months."

Or not.

...

Wait-

"What?!"

____________________________

And here is the second chapter for today. ˆˆ
After all, today is the monthly anniversary of MiL once again but as well for the last time, cause the next chapter is the finale of this story. Also I'd like to thank you guys for all your reads and votes, whereby we hit the 6k reads shortly before the end - thank u sm <33