[ - chapter 30 - ]

smut warning
____________________________

This time it was Felix who took Hyunjin by the hand. Pulling him with him out of the dancing crowd - out into the Japanese garden, into the new moon night.

Cooler air welcomed them instantly, hitting their heated skin. And the sparkling night sky was reflected in the equally golden lights of the garden.

Grinning, they ran through the starry haze on earth, their quick steps only slowing as they crossed the bridge. Suddenly, the older stopped abruptly and before Felix knew it, Hyunjin had pulled him into his arms.

Surprised, he barely found time to react when Hyunjin already loosened the tight embrace a bit to eventually be able to look fully at him. The playful smile was still on the lips of the taller - Felix could not help but let an equal giggle slip out of his throat.

His heart raced on the wave of pure happiness, suppressing all his thoughts of rational thinking - he lived only in the moment, only for the moment.

He let his fingers tangle in the tips of the blond's hair before the latter stole a brief kiss. Again, soft laughter filled the evening idyll - paired with the chirping of crickets and the soft music from far away.

Hyunjin tilted his head back as his eyes tried to take in as much of the star-filled firmament as possible, "This night almost feels magical. Right, Lix?"

A balmy breeze caught in the blond's longer strands and it would have been easy for the three words to steal across Felix's lips - so easy.

"I..."

Just three simple words. His body tensed in Hyunjin's gentle hold.

"Hyune, I..."

But he only let out a sigh and nestled back into the familiar warmth of Hyunjin - neither wanting nor able to say it.

"Thank you." he finally heard himself mutter.

He didn't even really know what he was thanking him for, but Hyunjin seemed to understand - perhaps Hyunjin had always understood him better than he had himself. For the taller hummed softly and nodded slightly as he put just enough distance between them so that he could briefly place his lips against Felix's forehead.

The silver-haired wouldn't have been able to tell at that moment whether the ambiance or Hyunjin's eyes sparkled more when they briefly looked into each other's eyes. Both were breathtaking - breathtakingly gorgeous.

"Let's really get out of here now.", Hyunjin finally grinned and ran hand in hand with Felix. Like love-struck teenagers, they giggled indignantly as they headed for Hyunjin's apartment - kissing on the commuter train, laughing on the street, running through the high hallways.

The apartment door had barely closed behind them with the familiar click when Felix had already put his hands around Hyunjin's tie. Pulling him to him by it into a stormy kiss, only to have to interrupt a little later through his wide grin.

"Hey, Cheshire Cat, that's not going to work like this."

Playfully indignant, Hyunjin poked him in the side as he tried to catch another kiss. But Felix stumbled out of his shoes, laughing, through the semi-dark apartment.

"Catch me, Alice!"

"Alice?" grinning, the blonde-haired also took off his shoes and chased after him.

Felix had barely scurried as far as the older one's bedroom when the latter's arms wrapped around him again. "If I'm a fictional character, I guess I'm Howl," he said, dropping onto the bed behind them with Felix.